• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Charlotte FC / MLS Thread

Eventually my brain got to asking if Swiderski is so in form, why wasn't he called up for such a massive Poland match coming up on Tuesday?

And naturally, Charlotte FC is already burning bridges with the Polish FA.

Seems bad

Eventually my brain got to asking if Swiderski is so in form, why wasn't he called up for such a massive Poland match coming up on Tuesday?

And naturally, Charlotte FC is already burning bridges with the Polish FA.

Seems bad

Lol. Is the Observer allowed to publish something that says “shitstorm”?

Sounds like a Chelsea-CLTFC ICC match may be in the mix this summer in Charlotte.

For those that have been to a CLTFC match, besides concessions being woefully understaffed, were prices also exorbitant? Were they different than Panthers games?

It seems CLTFC it attempting to address the complaints about the pricing of many items. Water, beer, and nachos/quesadillas will be at a reduced price in the East gate. While this on its surface appears to be a great move to enhance the fan experience, the pricing is only good from like 12:00 - 12:45. The match kicks off at 1:30. Sheesh. One step forward, two steps back.

Cost of bottled water at the last match which seemed to be the biggest issue: $4.99. That's pretty insane.

No love for your current playoff team CLTFC?

Would love for them to add a second FWD this summer to compliment Swiderski. Daniel Rios ain’t it.

Although the most important acquisition that need to make is a sponsorship wrap for the upper deck. 30-35K/match is awesome but it still doesn’t look great on TV.

Last edited:
Yeah surprised Tepper is letting that go to waste.

They def seem to have made some shrewd moves, manager def seems to know what he's doing

MAR has this team punching wayyyyyy above its collective weight

Agreed but the lack of urgency is a problem. Way too many times tonight we had a numbers and sat on the ball. Also Fuchs needs to be a LCB, not a LB. Provides nothing going forward.

Armour needs to start at LB, Ruiz at the 6 and Ortiz needs to start in the MF too

Rios, Bronico and Makoun aren’t good enough

Surprising start to the year. A lot of the top teams from last season off to slow starts. Champions League and the early start to the season will have had some impact but more a reflection of how much easier it is to restructure a team in this league.

Surprising start to the year. A lot of the top teams from last season off to slow starts. Champions League and the early start to the season will have had some impact but more a reflection of how much easier it is to restructure a team in this league.

Spot on about it being easier to build a competitive team given all the roster rules.

Most teams are two-three injuries away from serious struggle. And I'm not talking about losing DPs (any team could struggle with that type of key loss), but rather just guys who absorb a ton of minutes. Minnesota just lost Hasani Dotson for the season to an ACL. Last year that would have been a massive blow. This year they've built up enough depth to deal with that type of loss. But lose another D mid and now things get really dicey.

That and in my view having been tied into watching the league closely the last few years teams that have real raw athleticism and play physically often hold up better and punch above their perceived roster weight.

game sucked by the Loons' stadium is sweet

nice digs you got there, deacman

he knows more than me then

everything the team puts out publicly states a commitment to Soldier Field -- the added wrinkle is that the Bears are maybe going to leave -- location is super convenient for me but it's just way too big

Fire attack has been toothless but Torres joins from Atlas this week and they signed Chris Mueller today

he knows more than me then

everything the team puts out publicly states a commitment to Soldier Field -- the added wrinkle is that the Bears are maybe going to leave -- location is super convenient for me but it's just way too big

Fire attack has been toothless but Torres joins from Atlas this week and they signed Chris Mueller today

He may know more as he was at this game by invitation of the club in a luxury suite. But, to be clear, I didn't ask him about his statement.

I thought the Fire were very well organized defensively (until goal one went in bc of that turnover) but also quite weak through the midfield generally which made them pretty awful in generating chances. In fairness Minnesota is pretty solid defensively as a group. But I got the sense Chicago probably has struggled all year to score.

MAR will not continue as the coach of CLTFC.

What in the actual what?!?!

Back