• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Charlotte FC / MLS Thread

Benteke appears to have completed a move to DC United. Bizarre for all parties involved.

Matt Miazga is headed to FC Cincy.

When we got to our seats it was 1-0. Guess we should go.

Also didn't know Shaquiri played for Chicago

Gaines, Fuchs, and Bronico would not start for any other team in the league. Absolute shitters

yeah Fuchs is really bad

I like Bronico as a person when he was in Chicago but should not be near a starting lineup

Yeah he could be a really nice guy and he’s a local, means fuck all when our midfield gets bulldozed every match

fire missing all CBs and it was shaky but enough going forward to pull it out

Revs just beat Orlando 3-0 on the road while essentially starting 4 defenders and 6 CMs. We were missing our top 3 forwards. I dont understand soccer some days.

I do not love Kahlina, Charlotte really needs to reload this offseason.

The ideas are good, but there are way to many USL players regularly playing for this squad

I do not love Kahlina, Charlotte really needs to reload this offseason.

The ideas are good, but there are way to many USL players regularly playing for this squad

Like most building teams Charlotte needs more strength up the middle of the field. They are doing better than most expected. They're also fortunate they play in the East where I think there are fewer quality teams overall. We are into the part of the season where depth really starts to show in MLS. All MLS teams suffer from this to a degree. But teams that have massive drop offs from guy A to guy B can really struggle at this time of the year.

Prediction time, which in MLS is mission impossible since most teams are an injury away from a mess and there are always 3-5 teams who surprise to the good. But here it goes.

EAST - Which is more top heavy and has (a lot) less depth than the West.

1 - Philly - You can argue for any of the top 6 here. So I really have no particular logic other than I like their balance.

2 - NYCFC - No reason not to like the defending champs.

3 - Atlanta United - Good signings. Relying on some players who are getting longer in the tooth.

4 - New England - Last year's Shield winners will remain competitive.

5 - Columbus - Put last year's tougher year behind them.

6 - Toronto - No one did more to help their cause in the offseason. Still have questions about the defense though.

7 - Miami - Thought they looked better as the year wore on. I'll roll the dice here.
------------------
8 - Montreal - Did well in the offseason. But it often takes time for players to adjust.

9 - Orlando - Love the DP signing but it isn't enough IMO to make it to the post-season.

10 - Chicago - 10-12 are a real jumble for me. This is my favorite of the three.

11 - DC - See 11 and 12.

12 - NYNJ RB - 10-12 are a real jumble for me. This is my least favorite personally of the three.

13 - Charlotte - It's all been said here already.

14 - Cincy - Everyone rags on them. Shooting for their third straight wooden spoon. So screw Charlotte's efforts for it.

WEST - Top 2 to me on paper seem clear. 3-10 are all very close.

1 - Seattle - Deepest team in the league.

2 - Nashville - Great spine on this team. Do question how the move West impacts them.

3 - LAFC - Solid signings to an already deep team that underachieved last year.

4 - Minnesota - Solid enough D. 3rd in chances created last year but 21st in goals. Revert to mean more with Amarilla and a full year of last year's in-season signings.

5 - Colorado - Ran teams over with athletic lineups last year. A key loss with no replacement. Still think they are a playoff team.

6 - SKC - Lost one of their best players to injury. Otherwise would be higher.

7 - Vancouver - They were solid enough last year IMO. Have a hunch they'll find a way to get in this year.
-------------------
8 - Portland - Sooner or later father time catches up to this group. I'm willing to say it happens now. Let their goalie walk. Lost a key guy to domestic violence allegations too.

9 - Dallas - Pepi is gone. Brought in Ariola and others. Could surprise to either side honestly.

10 - LAG - Fashonable pick to do well. Thin on goal scorers though unless you think Costa will find form.

11 - San Jose - Nothing suggest they'll do anything great. Treading water with no big adds.

12 - Austin - Maybe letting last year's DP walk is addition by subtraction. Not sure I see it though.

13 - RSL - Hate some of these guys. Lost best player to Seattle. No repeat on playoffs.

14 - Houston - Relying on Darwin Quintero still. Not good.

This is aging pretty poorly.

Tepper building new facility. All privately funded

my first time watching Cincinnati and paying attention to Vasquez -- pretty invisible tonight

fun seeing Alistair Johnston feature for Toronto -- he has a decently high transfermarkt value -- I wonder if he moves to Europe

Akinola seems to have fallen off a good bit -- I really thought he'd blow up a few years ago

Back