• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Charlotte FC / MLS Thread

Revs sign 23 year old Giacomo Vrioni from Juventus for $4M. He pit up the Austrian League last season - I like this signing. Not like for like for Buksa but he seems to have loads more pace.

Don't hate Houston getting that call there, when it is that tight the goal should count.

MLS VAR >>>>>>>>>> EPL VAR

Anyhoo need to hold on for the first CLT road win.

Charlotte have traded an international spot to the Galaxy in exchange for GAM.

I would assume one of those teams are making a run at Lingard. I’m just not sure which one.

I would bet Lingard is meeting with the two LA teams

crazy that LAFC still has a DP spot

Ah I missed Toronto were bringing in Fernando Bernardeschi to replace him. Interesting signing, he fell off at Juventus but he's only 28.

Jack de Vries -- son of Wake soccer legend Raimo de Vries -- signed permanently with Venezia today. He had been in their youth team on loan from Philadelphia last year, but got some first team minutes in the Coppa Italia.

what's the Venezia/USA connection? that pick up a lot of young Americans

They've been owned by a couple of Americans in a row, but nothing that I can tell beyond that. The current guy, Duncan Niederauer, seems less slimy than the previous dude, Joe Tacopina, at least. Rough year last year -- thought their January business was terrible and Zanetti couldn't settle on a set up/line up, but they fought hard. Busio seemed to see less time as the season went on, but I thought was good; better than Cuisance, anyway, who I think is pretty useless, but was seemingly preferred to him. Oh well. I hope they can bounce back.

Last edited:
Released their new shirt today with Casa Artom in the background, so clearly going for that Wake support.

They've been owned by a couple of Americans in a row, but nothing that I can tell beyond that. The current guy, Duncan Niederauer, seems less slimy than the previous dude, Joe Tacopina, at least. Rough year last year -- thought their January business was terrible and Zanetti couldn't settle on a set up/line up, but they fought hard. Busio seemed to see less time as the season went on, but I thought was good; better than Cuisance, anyway, who I think is pretty useless, but was seemingly preferred to him. Oh well. I hope they can bounce back.

I looked at their lineups a few times and saw Tanner Tessman getting minutes which surprised me. I wasn't impressed with him at Dallas.

It looks like they have an American, Alex Menta, as their main analytics guy, as well, so that probably plays a part.

Yeah, Tessman looked pretty raw, but is a big dude who can move. He didn't look terrible, but is definitely mainly a physical presence right now -- which can be useful.

Haven't watched DC yet this season but it looks like the rebuild is a slow process. Getting destroyed 4-0 by Philly after 35'.

Nimmy Berchimas with the CLTFC U15s is currently on trial with Bayern. Obviously, trails don’t always mean anything, but still good to see a connection there as well as another USYNT kid trying to break into the European ranks.

Back