• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Bringing Back the $%&*?#@($#*@)#(

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEW! I looked between my legs to make sure someone didn't cut mine off and grilled it when I took a nap.

Taco Bell just opened here in Portugal (1st one) and from what I have been told it is fairly consistent with people are use to back in the states. Only issue seems to be the line is about 30 minutes long whenever people go at the moment.

WHEW! I looked between my legs to make sure someone didn't cut mine off and grilled it when I took a nap.

Do you spend a lot of time staring at an inanimate appendage that hasn't moved on its own in a decade ?

Couldn't think of anywhere else to put this, so here you go.

Does anyone have a good example of inflation hitting your life? Shit is sneaky.

I’ve got one I’m always shocked by. My parents bought their ski boat, a 2007 Supra, in 2008 for $41k I think it was. My dad dropped it off to be sold at the dealer this past weekend and sent me the sticker for a new Malibu that is fairly similar. Sticker price $120k.

I’ve got one I’m always shocked by. My parents bought their ski boat, a 2007 Supra, in 2008 for $41k I think it was. My dad dropped it off to be sold at the dealer this past weekend and sent me the sticker for a new Malibu that is fairly similar. Sticker price $120k.

oh shit, it's a little early but take cover. RJ boat joke inbound

Definitely seeing it in beer prices. We've got a million local breweries and when I moved here it was like $4-5 generally for a pint, maybe a little more for a limited release. Now they're all in the $5-7 range or more, and these are directly from the brewery so no distributor middleman to pay. I think also they're raising prices to take advantage of all those tourist bucks. and for many breweries the beers available at the brewery to take home are exorbitant. Burial, for example, is now asking at the very least like $12, but sometimes upwards of $20 or $25 for a 4-pack of tall boys.

this chart has made it's way around here a few times, but relevant

price-changes-1996-2016.jpg

You think college tuition is out of hand ? Private school tuition has gone up 500%+ in 30 years.

Agree about boat prices too.

Definitely seeing it in beer prices. We've got a million local breweries and when I moved here it was like $4-5 generally for a pint, maybe a little more for a limited release. Now they're all in the $5-7 range or more, and these are directly from the brewery so no distributor middleman to pay. I think also they're raising prices to take advantage of all those tourist bucks. and for many breweries the beers available at the brewery to take home are exorbitant. Burial, for example, is now asking at the very least like $12, but sometimes upwards of $20 or $25 for a 4-pack of tall boys.

Definitely wonder when we will see a craft beer market correction. Burial is my favorite brewery period probably so I will pay up for their beer (when I can find it). But there are way too many average to below average breweries out there that are just riding the wave of the broader craft beer craze.

Definitely wonder when we will see a craft beer market correction. Burial is my favorite brewery period probably so I will pay up for their beer (when I can find it). But there are way too many average to below average breweries out there that are just riding the wave of the broader craft beer craze.

It helps that IPAs are very popular, those are fairly easy to make and make quickly.

Burial is great.

if your point is that (installment series, esp!) game distributors are exploiting people with a deceptively stable price point then yes i agree with you

Does anyone have a good example of inflation hitting your life? Shit is sneaky.

My 4.5 YO daughter’s daycare has a sliding scale tuition that starts at the highest rate for infant then decreases as you move up in the age groups (student teacher ratio increases therefore it’s cheaper). So every year we move down a tier in pricing.

At the same time, there is a rate increase every year that raises all classrooms’ tuition. It’s about the same amount as the tuition decrease from moving up age groups. As a result, we have been paying the same amount every year in daycare for almost 5 years even though it’s less hands on than before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back