• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Bringing Back the $%&*?#@($#*@)#(

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're thinking about popping down to Cartagena in a month or so for five days. A really good deal that is hard to pass up. Anyone ever been? Advice?

Yeah it’s amazing. I will say it’s heavy on the nightlife so if that doesn’t appeal to you there may be fewer options for things to do. A few places I really loved:

Alquimico (best spot hands down)
El Arsenal
El Baron
La Cevicheria
Had a great nicer dinner at Carmen
Epoca espresso bar to start the day (there are 2-3 I think)
La Jugada is a lot of fun
Babar is like the peak nightclub spot but we didn’t end up going

We did a day long private boat charter that hopped around the Rosario Islands for the day that was a blast. There are shorter and/or group trips that are closer to the city depending on budget and time constraints. Stayed on the walled city which was perfect because it’s absolutely beautiful, most of the good bars and restaurants were there and it’s completely walkable. Definitely don’t miss exploring the Getsemani neighborhood though. Wish we spent a bit more time there. Oh yeah and I know you’re married but the women are absolutely insane there.

We went to Santiago two years ago and had an amazing experience. We always felt safe, and there was plenty to do. We took a day trip to Viña del Mar and Valparaíso, And we visited a glacier up in the Andes that was incredible.

I've wanted to go to Colombia for a while, so I'm doing an immersion trip in February for a week in Medellín. There's a group of about fifteen people going and based on the trip they did last year, it looks like a great experience.

All the UGA fans in my office (which is most of the people) keep asking me about Jamie Newman.

I got an invitation to a game this fall last night from a member of the Alumni Asociation. If he stinks it up against Alabama, don't blame me.

We went to Santiago two years ago and had an amazing experience. We always felt safe, and there was plenty to do. We took a day trip to Viña del Mar and Valparaíso, And we visited a glacier up in the Andes that was incredible.

I've wanted to go to Colombia for a while, so I'm doing an immersion trip in February for a week in Medellín. There's a group of about fifteen people going and based on the trip they did last year, it looks like a great experience.

I liked Medellin better than Bogota, but I didn't have as much of an opportunity to really get out and explore the countryside.

Someone tell me about how to integrate yoga into my workout routine. Go.

Turn the heat up in your living room to 90 degrees and do some stretching.

We're thinking about popping down to Cartagena in a month or so for five days. A really good deal that is hard to pass up. Anyone ever been? Advice?

I thought Cartagena was just aight, but it was the last stop on my Colombia jaunt. The old city is cool, but pretty touristy with lots of higher end retail and restaurants.

It's also not a beach town like one may think it is, but you can get to the nearby islands with the beaches and those are nice.

If you do go, look into doing a day trip to Tayrona. It's a beautiful national park where you hike through the jungle to get to the beach. (looked it up and it's further away from Cartagena than I remembered: 4 hours; probably only worth it if you do a night there, which I did in a hammock, but they have cabanas that are on the beach too)

in lieu of Medellin, I went east and spent several days in San Gil, which is the outdoors sports spot in Colombia

did whitewater rafting, mountain biking, paragliding, and more -- it was a blast

very much want to get to Medellin someday

There was a guy sitting next to me on a flight from Seattle last night, frantically googling "surgery in Peru" and texting an unknown number in bad Spanish about the cost and potential recovery time for surgery. (Several people on the flight were headed to Peru)

Wtf kind of surgery is a 20-something kid flying to Peru to get?

There was a guy sitting next to me on a flight from Seattle last night, frantically googling "surgery in Peru" and texting an unknown number about the potential recovery time for surgery. (Several people on the flight were headed to Peru)

the boner kind

There was a guy sitting next to me on a flight from Seattle last night, frantically googling "surgery in Peru" and texting an unknown number about the potential recovery time for surgery. (Several people on the flight were headed to Peru)

medical tourism is def a thing, guess Peru is on the map for that? a coworker's husband went to Costa Rica for some.

or could it be for a family member/friend in Peru?

medical tourism is def a thing, guess Peru is on the map for that? a coworker's husband went to Costa Rica for some.

or could it be for a family member/friend in Peru?
Could be. The guy looked pretty distressed. And from what I could gather spying on his texts, he definitely seemed to be talking about himself

I was mostly concerned that those questions were coming way too late if he was already on the connecting flight

Was there a cucumber stuck in his ass that he couldn't get out ?

I got an invitation to a game this fall last night from a member of the Alumni Asociation. If he stinks it up against Alabama, don't blame me.

#humblebrag
That should be a great game.

Oh, I didn't get invited to the Alabama game. That's in Tuscaloosa, btw.

Someone tell me about how to integrate yoga into my workout routine. Go.

I used to do yoga w/ a girlfriend on Saturday mornings many years ago. Was a nice cleansing thing to do to start the weekend and recouperate from a Friday night of drinking. Then we broke up.

When my wife and I were dating, we also did some Saturday morning yoga before CrossFit. Then we got married and had kids.

I don't do yoga anymore.

Closest thing to it is my three kids jumping all over me and beating the shit out of me on our living room floor which happens pretty much every day... Not as much of a stress release and I'm not sure it's unblocking my chakras. Maybe they aren't kicking me in the right spots.

Namaste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back