• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread: Bringing Back the $%&*?#@($#*@)#(

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just Googled to determine whether I’m upper class. A Pew study apparently concluded that 19% of America lives in “upper income” households with a median income of $187,872 in 2016. Guessing a good many people here qualify. We know Biff does at a minimum.

Squarely in the middle class. My wife and I have spent our whole careers working for either nonprofits or the school system, so it’s not surprising.

Yep, I'm right smack in the middle then. Although I only work for 10 months a year, and get to retire at 52, suckers!!!!! And I'll bitch and moan about it every step of the way.

My brother is upper class though. Hells yeah. Rich family to sponge off of.

Hypothetical: you must choose between having your newborn daughter blessed with intelligence, but be ugly as shiiiiiit; or your newborn daughter is blessed with beauty at every age, but slightly below average intelligence.

This is a really hard one for me.

Hypothetical: you must choose between having your newborn daughter blessed with intelligence, but be ugly as shiiiiiit; or your newborn daughter is blessed with beauty at every age, but slightly below average intelligence.

This is a really hard one for me.

why is this a difficult decision for you?

On the first option, what level of intelligence? If average, I choose the latter every time. For boy and girl.

Oh man, my brother is going to see the Connells tomorrow night and I'm super jealous. I had no idea that they were still around and I haven't listened to them in a lot of years, but I put them on a while ago and I still know all of the words to all of their songs. I saw them live a number of times when I was in HS and at Wake and it was always a lot of fun.

I’m having the mother of all “first world problems” mornings. I’ll surely open up myself to a good round of bashing over this but here goes...

—Our house cleaner misplaced one of the shoes I was planning to wear this morning so I spent 15 minutes scouring my bedroom for the other.
—My wife moved the keys to my car some inconceivable place when she left this morning so I ended up driving our Honda Fit to work.
—The fancy coffee place down the street messed up my $5 latte but I had already waited too long to have them fix it.

Being an upper middle class white person is hard.

one of the shoes?

Check out mr 1%, with the PAIR of shoes

Oh man, my brother is going to see the Connells tomorrow night and I'm super jealous. I had no idea that they were still around and I haven't listened to them in a lot of years, but I put them on a while ago and I still know all of the words to all of their songs. I saw them live a number of times when I was in HS and at Wake and it was always a lot of fun.

Don’t be jealous. They suck live. They don’t want to play their old stuff and have no personality. (I’ll caveat this statement by adding that I last saw them around 2000, and that was my experience then, but perhaps they have mellowed with age.)

what would you guess you do more than anybody else on the boards?

for me, I would guess I might eat more chickpeas than anyone else -- I probably average four cans-worth a week across various formats

for me, I would guess I might eat more chickpeas than anyone else -- I probably average four cans-worth a week across various formats

That’s a lot.

I have had the belief that every person has something extraordinary about them relative to the rest of the global population. Unfortunately my gift is sweating. I’m EASILY a top 10 sweater in the world. It’s a pretty shitty superpower, but if you ever want a product reviewed for wicking or chafe prevention, I’m your guy.

I bet I drink more La Croix's than anyone else on these here boards. Probably have 8-10 a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back