• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republican Voter Suppression Efforts

It claims the defendants, which are the 67 county election boards and Secretary of State Kathy Boockvar, "have inexplicably chosen a path that jeopardizes election security and will lead -- and has already led -- to the disenfranchisement of voters, questions about the accuracy of election results, and ultimately chaos" ahead of the Nov. 3 general election.

Drop boxes for mail in ballots will disenfranchise voters?

Seriously fuck these guys.

I really think it's going to bite them in the ass. There's already some evidence that this is suppressing mail-in applications among Republicans. We know young, healthy voters will show up in person to vote. What will happen if the second wave is that much worse and we are looking at 100,000 cases a day that disproportionately impact older voters in red and purple states?

I really think it's going to bite them in the ass. There's already some evidence that this is suppressing mail-in applications among Republicans. We know young, healthy voters will show up in person to vote. What will happen if the second wave is that much worse and we are looking at 100,000 cases a day that disproportionately impact older voters in red and purple states?

My guess is Fox News will them the virus has totally disappeared in an effort to fool them into going out to vote.

Not quite suppression, but some ugly sentiment.

https://www.clarionledger.com/story...er-accused-making-racist-comments/3280055001/

A social media comment with racial undertones made by a Mississippi election commissioner sparked outrage across the state on the same weekend state legislators voted to retire the flag and its Confederate emblem.

"I'm concerned about voter registration in Mississippi," the commissioner wrote. "The blacks are having lots (of) events for voter registration. People in Mississippi have to get involved, too."

And keep in mind, 37% of "people in Mississippi" are Black, the largest percentage of any of the 50 states.

And keep in mind, 37% of "people in Mississippi" are Black, the largest percentage of any of the 50 states.

Which is precisely why the Mississippi GOP is so concerned with doing anything that will limit or negate minority voting. Historically, the higher the black percentage of the total population in a state, the more diehard and militantly devoted to segregation, white supremacy, Jim Crow laws, and voter suppression efforts state governments were.

That’s a good I Voter sticker. My precinct has generic ones with a flag.

You can't get much more blatant than this. Both National Republicans and the Texas GOP know that Texas as a whole is becoming more and more purple due to the growth of the state's cities and demographic change, so this is a blatant attempt to rig the system by eliminating the statewide popular vote to choose all statewide offices (including the governor, I assume) by having a rigged State Electoral College replace it. This "Texas EC" would no doubt give greatly inflated influence to the rural and small-town areas in TX, thus ensuring GOP dominance no matter how much the cities and suburbs turn blue. As Fish said, this will likely get overturned, as it's similar to a plan that GA used for decades to suppress Atlanta's influence on the statewide vote, and which the Supreme Court overturned in the 1960s.

Back