Page 16 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast

Thread: Republican Voter Suppression Efforts

Jim Crow is proud.

Quote Originally Posted by WakeForestRanger View Post
    But that can't be! I was assured by Rich Lowry and the National Review after the 2018 GA governor's race that everything was on the up and up, and that it was silly to believe vote fraud and suppression could possibly have accounted for Kemp's narrow margin over Abrams in the election. I wonder how many of those 198,000+ names that were wrongfully purged were A) Democrats and B) minority voters.
    Last edited by Highland Deac; 09-07-2020 at 12:39 AM.

Wow - It's a good thing Stacey Abrams never conceded.

Now she has an opportunity to make a big splash, reclaim the governorship she was criminally denied, and establish herself as a heavy hitter in the 2024 veepstakes for president Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    Wow - It's a good thing Stacey Abrams never conceded.

Now she has an opportunity to make a big splash, reclaim the governorship she was criminally denied, and establish herself as a heavy hitter in the 2024 veepstakes for president Harris.
    You can learn a lot from a dummy.

Given that Kemp beat Abrams by less than 55,000 votes, and this article is saying that nearly 200,000 voters in GA were wrongfully purged from the voter rolls, it's not exactly a stretch to believe that the race might have had a different outcome had those folks been allowed to vote. Not a guarantee, but certainly plausible.

Yep
    I love mankind...itís people I canít stand!!

Insert witty Governor Abrams joke from Brad

Quote Originally Posted by Highland Deac View Post
    Given that Kemp beat Abrams by less than 55,000 votes, and this article is saying that nearly 200,000 voters in GA were wrongfully purged from the voter rolls, it's not exactly a stretch to believe that the race might have had a different outcome had those folks been allowed to vote. Not a guarantee, but certainly plausible.
    Nope. He didn't cheat. But if I ever met a coed wearing a sombrero I'd follow dear leader's advice. Just grab em...
    -brad

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Good WaPo column by a Republican election lawyer.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...ed-fraudulent/

Wake up, Pubs.
    I love mankind...itís people I canít stand!!

Quote Originally Posted by ConnorEl View Post
    Wake up, Pubs.
    Most are. They're also complicit. See deacpops, col anus, sailor. Don't even think its willfull ignorance at this point. They know and are all in.

It's three blocks from campus. It's where I voted when I did my grad work at UGA. Unlike UGA, it has accessible parking.

semi-aquatic like otters be.

Five blocks from Stanford Stadium to vote. UGA is of course stupid to be playing, especially with any fans in the 92,000 seat stadium.

UGA seems a tad defensive.

BTW, love the concerns about long lines and insufficient space for social distancing, but no worries, they'll have shuttles to take you elsewhere.

Have you ever been to Tate? It can be more crowded than the entire Wake enrollment in one place. Two plus weeks of early voting off campus with over a 1,000 COVID cases already seems pretty smart.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Because what you really want is for people to leave a hot spot to go stand in line indoors.

You've never been to Tate and the Board of Elections in Athens.