Page 17 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast

Thread: Republican Voter Suppression Efforts

I think the hot take here is that offering opportunities to vote is probably worth the risk whereas playing and watching a football game is probably not.
    Birds are real.

Rusty Larue
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    I think the hot take here is that offering opportunities to vote is probably worth the risk whereas playing and watching a football game is probably not.
    Fuck you. You've never been to Tate and the Board of Elections in Athens.

Unless you're an SEC school.

And worth the effort of finding ways to make it safe and accessible.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    They could set up voting booths at the stadium if they wanted to. It’s so transparent.

Quote Originally Posted by WakeForestRanger View Post
    I wonder if he plans on filing a lawsuit against Florida who also does early mail in vote counting... nah.

Such a weird strategy. Republicans typically have an edge in mail-in voting. Democrats believe Trump is trying to rig mail-in voting. Why try to get people to disregard mail-in votes?

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Such a weird strategy. Republicans typically have an edge in mail-in voting. Democrats believe Trump is trying to rig mail-in voting. Why try to get people to disregard mail-in votes?
    Somewhere along the way trump and the inept sycophants decided if the dems want it (mail in voting) it must be bad for the trumpublicans. The larger more experienced group said no it actually can help us. That's when the mixed messaging began. Trump can't back down or admit a mistake so its yet another chaotic mess in view and vicious and calculating behind the scenes.

The only strategy is to call the whole electoral process into question so that they can contest the results. They are basically trying to create so much fear and confusion on the election before it even happens so that it won’t matter how badly he looses he can sue or just simply not concede.
    Birds are real.

Fair point. They're trying to end democracy and pick up the pieces.

Anecdotally I’ve received far more absentee ballot applications from the Trump campaign or similarly aligned PACs than from Dem PACs. Zero from the Biden campaign.

Basically Trump’s full of shit.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/17/polit...sal/index.html

Now Georgia is allowing on-campus voting.

I guess they’ve not been to Tate. Point still stands.

Birds are real.

Very normal. November 3rd is gonna be awesome.

Every single one of them that obstructs a person from voting should be arrested for a civil rights violation.

Quote Originally Posted by WakeForestRanger View Post
    Wasn't this guy on Trump's team of people searching for evidence of voter fraud? How did that go again?

Whatever happened to that voter fraud commission? Seems like they would have a report warning about all the fraud to come and guidance on how to stop it.