Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast

Thread: Republican Voter Suppression Efforts

all this voter suppression by the GOP and its cronies seems terribly shortsighted

it may be effective in the short term, but if your strategy is to disenfranchise people instead of adjusting your message then you've lost

They just assume they'll be able to pivot to whatever their next shady practice needed to stay in power.

It's abundantly clear that the GOP strategy is to try and tie up the election in courts in several states, and use their newly appointed federal judges and likely 6-3 Supreme Court majority to reelect Trump, no matter how shady or dubious it is or looks. If it tears the nation apart and leads to violence, so much the better. They'll just use that as an excuse to crack down even more on legitimate protests and dissent.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    It worked 20 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceCrewAllStar View Post
    all this voter suppression by the GOP and its cronies seems terribly shortsighted

it may be effective in the short term, but if your strategy is to disenfranchise people instead of adjusting your message then you've lost
    Quote Originally Posted by deaconson View Post
    They just assume they'll be able to pivot to whatever their next shady practice needed to stay in power.
    Yep. They used short-sighted strategies to gain power to rig the system for long-term success.
    Letís get this done!

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever

Republican Voter Suppression Efforts

Quote Originally Posted by Tobacco Road View Post
    Yep. They used short-sighted strategies to gain power to rig the system for long-term success.
    Short-sighted? Theyíve been continuously doing the same shit since Europeans arrived here.

If youíre talking about specific tactics, theyíve been grooming judges and justices for decades waiting for this moment. This is the outcome of a long term strategy to rig the system for long term success. Thatís just one example.
    Last edited by PhDeac; 09-22-2020 at 01:30 AM.

I disagree with you
    yeah, it's easy to do, too. i almost fucked it up during the midterms.

Yeah....too much shenanigan potential from Pubs with the mail-in ballots anymore.

Putting on a mask and voting in person.
    I love mankind...itís people I canít stand!!

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Short-sighted? Theyíve been continuously doing the same shit since Europeans arrived here.

If youíre talking about specific tactics, theyíve been grooming judges and justices for decades waiting for this moment. This is the outcome of a long term strategy to rig the system for long term success. Thatís just one example.
    chill with the histrionics

they got rolled in the House races in 2018 because of short-sighted loyalty to Donald Trump

there are consequences to bad political strategy, even if the playing field is unlevel in their favor

Quote Originally Posted by WakeForestRanger View Post
    WTF

But..Hillary's emails, Obama's birth certificate, and...HUNTER BIDEN!
    I love mankind...itís people I canít stand!!