• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republican Voter Suppression Efforts

also, I'd like to see those logs reviewed about why the site crashed. FOA in play?

Is there any chance there isn't at least one case of violence at a polling location on November 3rd?

I actually don't even know what these "poll watchers" or whatever even think their task is. The front line of defense is inside the polling station - some octogenarian lady who checks your name on the voter roll. I mean, I know the reality is they're there for voter intimidation but what is the cover story?

I mean, poll watchers are a real thing. They're supposed to keep an eye out for and help prevent voter intimidation, not initiate it. And, at least in PA, they are official roles, the campaigns need to get certifications that allow people to be in the polls.

how does voter intimidation work? they're standing outside and make you scared to vote for anyone but Trump?

I actually don't even know what these "poll watchers" or whatever even think their task is. The front line of defense is inside the polling station - some octogenarian lady who checks your name on the voter roll. I mean, I know the reality is they're there for voter intimidation but what is the cover story?

Here is all of the training the "poll watchers" are going to get....

5j9j1.jpg

Not much intimidation will happen since no guns allowed at polling places and therefore their dicks will be so small they will be inverted.

Not much intimidation will happen since no guns allowed at polling places and therefore their dicks will be so small they will be inverted.

Laws don't matter if no one enforces them. In the places where armed poll watchers show up, what is the likelihood that anyone will make them leave?

Including the police who are an intimidation force themselves.

I am curious if people are more willing to put up with bullshit and motivated to vote by Republicans attempting to make it more difficult and prevent voting. People hate being told they can't do something and it feels this year that the bullshit tactics are being more openly reported on and discussed. Sure the true purpose is to disenfranchise those that don't have the time and means to wait but personally I would camp out like I was a rube at Best Buy on Black Friday if it meant voting against these shitheads.

Yeah. The Republican suppression tactics are more brazen and getting more coverage. And they’re not just targeting Black people and college students. More and more people are seeing that Republicans don’t want “me” to vote not just “them.”

I am curious if people are more willing to put up with bullshit and motivated to vote by Republicans attempting to make it more difficult and prevent voting. People hate being told they can't do something and it feels this year that the bullshit tactics are being more openly reported on and discussed. Sure the true purpose is to disenfranchise those that don't have the time and means to wait but personally I would camp out like I was a rube at Best Buy on Black Friday if it meant voting against these shitheads.

I sure would be and I for one want someone to give me some shit after I vote as I will be ready to get it on. I can't wait for one of my SC knuckleheads to go "you voted for trump and lindsey right" and I'll go "I voted straight blue", you want to discuss this further?

In the 2018 election I told the old guy that was handing out the I voted stickers that I didn't need one I already got one earlier, his face looked like I had murdered his family, apparently jokes are forbidden.

In the 2018 election I told the old guy that was handing out the I voted stickers that I didn't need one I already got one earlier, his face looked like I had murdered his family, apparently jokes are forbidden.

That’s like joking about bombs in an airport.

Back