• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republican Voter Suppression Efforts

I am not opposed to getting a certificate that I was vaccinated for covid19. I also got a certification that I was vaccinated against smallpox, polio, etc. when I was a child. Just as my children did.

I just scrolled through when I saw someone chose to get into a spat with rj. Just put him on ignore.

I just scrolled through when I saw someone chose to get into a spat with rj. Just put him on ignore.
I realize it is a distraction from our conversation (which to be honest is largely just arguing with the dumb stuff sailor and angus say), but I do genuinely enjoy it every once in a while.

Sorry to all who find it annoying

But he manages in only a few posts to progress from misunderstanding what he's doing wrong to dancing the familiar defensive dance (to use his term) to deploying a racialized epithet.

I find the predictableness of this pattern entertaining

You did it again!

I am either "wrong" or "not open for reality".

No, you can be and are both. If someone said "RJ is fat and old". That person would be correct about both even though I could lose weight in the future.

You are wrong "I don't think you've ever offered an opinion in your life. Everything is FACTS". all you have to do is look at the threads about recruiting, inheritance, music and many others to see that I ROUTINELY offer opinions. There are THOUSANDS of such posts.

Your position about this, which is publicly proven to be wrong, has endured for many years showing evidence "you aren't open for reality" when it applies to me.

Last edited:
"Massa" ?? Really? Thats a pretty shitty turn of phrase.

Opinions, I suppose?

Thanks for proving my point. You can't admit you are wrong.

Now you are showing serious dishonesty by editing statements to reach your own twisted use rather than what was said.

I'm done with this. Keep acting like a total dick. You enjoy it and have shown zero interest in ever changing.

On these boards, RJ has deployed (and been called out for using) this racialized epithet on a number of occasions. Here was one of his most lucid justifications:

Just as it's not wrong to call David Duke or Steve Bannon racists, it's not wrong to call someone who spoken and acted like plantation owners massa. Their words and deeds earned them that term.

You've gotta hold people accountable for their words and actions.

In no way did my use of that term have any negative connotation towards people of color. To say it did is ludicrous. It was a totally accurate and useful way to shame those two for their words and deeds.

I don't know how this justification could possibly be applied to the conversation on this thread.

For years, and including today, an overwhelming number of your posts are to put me down. You insult, attack and dismiss me. I must do as you say or get punished over and over.

This is an out and out LIE: "I don't think you've ever offered an opinion in your life. Everything is FACTS." This is shown to be a LIE thousands of times on these boards, but you state it to further attack and injure me.

But you can't or won't admit you are wrong.

Keep on hurting me. Keep on putting me down. Hell, after I die PLEASE keep on insulting me. Keep on using me as a pinata. It makes you feel so good and superior. It sure looks like you don't give a fuck.

I don't need to insult you to feel good and superior. I'm now a member of the very exclusive "Finer Things Club" (thanks, Mako!)

God never mind this is so fucking stupid.

haha, I appreciate the effort. It's like a rhetorical mise-en-abyme. Like looking into a mirror and seeing a million distorted versions of yourself reflected back at you.

I am not opposed to getting a certificate that I was vaccinated for covid19. I also got a certification that I was vaccinated against smallpox, polio, etc. when I was a child. Just as my children did.

Good for you. Unfortunately, a great many of your fellow conservatives are dead set against having such papers due to conspiracy theories about the government tracking people and fascism and other Qanon-level crap (and that they refuse to get vaccinated), and some GOP state governors are claiming that they will stop any attempt to require such certificates/IDs in their states. And yet many of these same GOP state governors are eagerly signing the new voter restriction laws that require voters to have new forms of IDs, even though whenever they discuss vaccine IDs they claim it's federal government overreach and tyranny. Strange how that works.

You have nothing to worry about. I have learned. If I ever respond to him again, I will have first asked what I think and how I should say it to make him happiest.

Of course, you don't say anything about his lies or actions.

Do you really not understand why people have a problem with “massa”?

Back