• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republican Voter Suppression Efforts

good article. Colorado, which now has the all-star game, has voter ID laws already. Perhaps if Georgians wanted everyone to believe that this wasn't a partisan vote grab, they could've waited a little while after claiming the election was stolen to pass this law. (I also don't think that was an option - I think their legislative session ended last week - so if they wanted to act, they had to do so when they did.)

In any event, the election was fine and there has been no evidence of fraud produced, so the law was still unnecessary.

I think I'm supposed to say that that point still stands.

good article. Colorado, which now has the all-star game, has voter ID laws already. Perhaps if Georgians wanted everyone to believe that this wasn't a partisan vote grab, they could've waited a little while after claiming the election was stolen to pass this law. (I also don't think that was an option - I think their legislative session ended last week - so if they wanted to act, they had to do so when they did.)

In any event, the election was fine and there has been no evidence of fraud produced, so the law was still unnecessary.

However, this is the key difference : "Colorado is an all-mail state, with an in-person voting option."

CO and other states disprove the GOP mantra that mail-in voting is corrupt and needs to have stringent, onerous, wide-ranging laws about it.

Woke and Broke’s point still stands though.

One day the folks of Delaware will be able to cast an early vote like their friends in Georgia.

Perhaps on yet another day the upstanding progressive folks in New York will be able to enjoy the no excuse absentee voting conducted by Georgians.

Neither of those days is today, though. For some reason it's not a problem in States that Democrats win. MAKES YOU WONDER.

One day the folks of Delaware will be able to cast an early vote like their friends in Georgia.

Perhaps on yet another day the upstanding progressive folks in New York will be able to enjoy the no excuse absentee voting conducted by Georgians.

Neither of those days is today, though. For some reason it's not a problem in States that Democrats win. MAKES YOU WONDER.

Let’s make a deal Angus/Sailor/whichever mentally ill Trumper you actually are:

If Georgia adopts Colorado election guidelines word for word, then they get the next two MLB All-Star games!

Do we have a deal?

That said, I think calling this particular law "the new Jim Crow" is more than a little overblown.

But I learned right here on the Tunnels that everything the left doesn't approve of is either Jim Crow, fascist, or nazi white supremacist.

Are you saying that's not accurate?

Let’s make a deal Angus/Sailor/whichever mentally ill Trumper you actually are:

If Georgia adopts Colorado election guidelines word for word, then they get the next two MLB All-Star games!

Do we have a deal?

We don't have the power to bind States and multinational companies.

You do have the power to drop the hypocrisy-fueled situational outrage and just be consistent. Too much to ask?

We don't have the power to bind States and multinational companies.

You do have the power to drop the hypocrisy-fueled situational outrage and just be consistent. Too much to ask?

Drop your outrage? Fuck that. This country only cares about obtaining wealthy, along with white supremacy it’s our nation’s only consistent historical value. So if you’re going to enact change you have to fight using the power of the Right’s real god, the almighty dollar.

The companies you’re “outraged at” are being very consistent, they are doing nothing more than following the money. Old racist white folk are not their main consumer demographic anymore, because y’all don’t stimulate the economy, you just hoard shit and live a worthless existence while everyone waits on you to die.

What Coke, Delta, MLB and other companies have all done is to help their bottom line by being advocates for the social and political reforms that their customers believe in.

They are letting the market decide.

Last edited:
It's astonishing how ignorant of US history Angus and RWers are. Southern Dems became the backbone of the Republican conservative movement. At the time, Angus is describing, Southern Dems were America's conservative party. Until at least the 1920s, the GOP was America's liberal party.

If you compare the times of today versus TR's times, his core issues would be to the left of Warren and Sanders.

Calling col anus, woke and broke, sailor

You should check your bank accounts. Your boy donnie was fradulantly charging recurring campaign donations to the trump family slush fund. You may not be aware since your favorite "news" sources may have missed this story. #publicservice

inconvenient facts, consequences, or consistency are not important to self-righteous lubes, only opportunities to signal their "virtue" is

Democrats won Georgia. Three times.

Back