• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republican Voter Suppression Efforts

The list of things PhDeac believes Democrat voters are incapable of is remarkable.

Getting an ID.
Sending United States Mail.
Remembering to drink water.

Did you read the article? Or Diggler’s post?

At least Junebug wasn’t just a troll.

Did you read the article? Or Diggler’s post?

At least Junebug wasn’t just a troll.

Being asked to defend your objections to this policy beyond citing thirsty, bias-confirming opinion pieces and anecdotes is not trolling. You have objected to these policies. I am asking you to articulate why.

If you believe that IDs are problem on election day, why aren't they a problem the other 364 days of the year for people who don't have them (say for example, when they are standing in line for the COVID vaccine and they are asked to produce a photo ID. What then?). If this is truly the problem you are sure it is, let's fix it forever.

Yeah, the intellectual dishonesty is striking.

Junebug- what problem was the new voting laws in GA solving? Assuming you can recover from the mental anguish caused by people referring to it as "The NEW JIM CROW!!!!!" long enough to answer.

I agree with you that the top-down control of the local elections boards is a bad idea and solves nothing. This part should be stricken from the law, and in my opinion Georgia should keep the parts that help people get IDs, vote early and vote by mail securely.

I agree with you that the top-down control of the local elections boards is a bad idea and solves nothing. This part should be stricken from the law, and in my opinion Georgia should keep the parts that help people get IDs, vote early and vote by mail securely.

Maybe you should have lead with the bold instead of being a troll. Your current approach (new handle included) makes you look like Brad.

I mean, seriously. "Junebug" had some comedic value, despite the hysterical overreaction of a few around here. "WokeandBroke" is Gutfield-level comedy. Which is to say it is not comedy at all.

Maybe you should have lead with the bold instead of being a troll. Your current approach (new handle included) makes you look like Brad.

I mean, seriously. "Junebug" had some comedic value, despite the hysterical overreaction of a few around here. "WokeandBroke" is Gutfield-level comedy. Which is to say it is not comedy at all.

Cool, cool. Which Board should we post our disagreements on?

No, he's the worst kind of idiot. He thinks he's a fucking genius, but completely lacks any common sense.

This is an apt description for basically every "leader" of the 2021 Republican party.

It is why I can't shake the feeling that I need to run for office, these people are not smart. They are cheap shot, clickbait artists who are fighting a dirty war against a (mostly) civil Democratic leadership who still thinks that are living in the political world of Tip O'Neil and Ronald Reagan.

All you have to do is fight these fuckers in their ring and you will win. Put me on a stage against Gaetz, Hawley, Cruz, etc and I will tear them to fucking shreds. All you have to do is take the gloves off. The 2021 GOP has ZERO winning policy positions, all you have to do is mix in the occasional personal jabs while reminding everyone how full of shit they are and its a knockout.

Being asked to defend your objections to this policy beyond citing thirsty, bias-confirming opinion pieces and anecdotes is not trolling. You have objected to these policies. I am asking you to articulate why.

If you believe that IDs are problem on election day, why aren't they a problem the other 364 days of the year for people who don't have them (say for example, when they are standing in line for the COVID vaccine and they are asked to produce a photo ID. What then?). If this is truly the problem you are sure it is, let's fix it forever.

They are a problem the other 364 days of the year. Read the article. Learn about people who live a different life than yours.

They are a problem the other 364 days of the year. Read the article. Learn about people who live a different life than yours.

yeah you here a lot of "well you need them to fly on a plane, adopt a dog, or buy a house" which are not things people without IDs are probably doing a lot of.

A restriction on 24 hour voting is now considered voter suppression according to the "brilliant thread"?

Sick burn by Emily Eby. She sure showed those rube pub politicians not to fuck around with her!

A restriction on 24 hour voting is now considered voter suppression according to the "brilliant thread"?

Sick burn by Emily Eby. She sure showed those rube pub politicians not to fuck around with her!

If you can't understand that certain people are unable to vote during "working hours' because they actually have to work, then maybe this world isn't for you.

The same people who are working 24 hours a day everyday for weeks (months?) leading up to an election don't have time to fill out and mail in a ballot?

If you can't understand that certain people are unable to vote during "working hours' because they actually have to work, then maybe this world isn't for you.

he truly is the low IQ voter the national review warned us about.

In North Carolina at least, no photo ID is required for a covid vaccine. Or an ID of any kind at all. You walk in and tell them your name and they check it off a printed list.

I'm still waiting for board conservatives to explain why the voting system in Georgia needed to be overhauled in the first place. There was no evidence whatsoever of significant vote fraud or abuse in Georgia, and has not been for several election cycles. Why even require Voter ID badges when your elections show no evidence of vote fraud without them? Unless you believe there was real vote fraud and abuse in Georgia in the presidential election and 2 Senate elections, or that Dear Leader was cheated out of the presidency, why would Georgia Republicans vote to change the voting system they created only about a decade ago?

In North Carolina at least, no photo ID is required for a covid vaccine. Or an ID of any kind at all. You walk in and tell them your name and they check it off a printed list.

I think they checked ID when I got mine, but I don't think it was necessary-just something that helped them enter my address and other information more quickly. The text I got alerting me that there were vaccines available made no mention of ID. (this was in Virginia)

I'm still waiting for board conservatives to explain why the voting system in Georgia needed to be overhauled in the first place. There was no evidence whatsoever of significant vote fraud or abuse in Georgia, and has not been for several election cycles. Why even require Voter ID badges when your elections show no evidence of vote fraud without them? Unless you believe there was real vote fraud and abuse in Georgia in the presidential election and 2 Senate elections, or that Dear Leader was cheated out of the presidency, why would Georgia Republicans vote to change the voting system they created only about a decade ago?

This would be a passable argument had we not just spent four years mopping up buckets of tears over equally-specious claims about Russian interference in the 2016 election.

Back