• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republican Voter Suppression Efforts

Personally I don't have a problem with it but I imagine Edna the 76 year old poll volunteer might have an issue or two.

Could you explain why someone who is working 2nd/3rd shift doesn't have time to mail in an absentee ballot when not on the clock?

The proposed law doesn't say anything about closing because of staffing shortages. Rather, it makes it a blanket policy that it is illegal to open polling places before 6 am or stay open later than 9 pm.

In regards to your question, there are several answers. Some people don't trust mail-in voting in general, others don't have permanent addresses to receive ballots, others may not trust the post-office to deliver their ballot on time (this was a major issue last election), and others may not have received a ballot in the mail because they just moved or because of post-office error. Many people used the 24 hour in-person voting option last election in Texas https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/01/us/texas-overnight-voting-polls.html

Believing that the KGB (who poison people on the regular) is content with merely sowing chaos in the hopes that doing so would indirectly impact outcomes and would stop short of walking through gaping holes in our security to be able to interfere directly is some kind of special.

putin has said he was glad trump was elected. you have not denied anything else i reminded you of. donnie's deference to putin is itself... interesting. apparently ongoing work on a trump tower moscow during the 2016 election while claiming he never did does not establish a single tie to the trump family brand.

what is special is that you can't see/understand that the chaos resulted in a rise in obvious white national and racist rhetoric becoming mainstream. a rise in q anon. contributed to a rise in republicans no longer believing in science. a vitriol in american politics that has not been seen before. and ultimately an insurrection un us soil. an attack on the capital and an attempt to overturn an election.

it worked. putin's chaos worked. they hurt america and we are only now seeing the consequences are not over.

Please link to the section(s) in the Mueller Report which support this nonsensical word salad.

Thanks in advance

i won't bother because you won't read anything from the mueller report anyway. its out there if you cared. if you had you would have a better grasp of what was happening with your boy jenius. all you know is that tucker carlson, hannity, an gavin mcinis tell you to think. despite the first two saying in court documents that they should not be held accountable for the lies and misinformation they spewed because they are entertainers and not journalists responsible for "fact checking." even the kracken said in court filings "no one in their right minds would believe what she was saying about voting, dominion, and the 2020 pres election.

mueller is on record saying his team saw lots of evidence of wrong doing but he decided his purpose was not to follow criminal conduct. it was just looking at the narrower focus of russian interference with the 2016 election of individual number 1.

because i care, i just want to make sure you are checking voter id's of sombrero wearing coeds. don't want you to get in trouble like your boy matty gaetz.
tag: 18 is the magic number

putin has said he was glad trump was elected. you have not denied anything else i reminded you of. donnie's deference to putin is itself... interesting. apparently ongoing work on a trump tower moscow during the 2016 election while claiming he never did does not establish a single tie to the trump family brand.

what is special is that you can't see/understand that the chaos resulted in a rise in obvious white national and racist rhetoric becoming mainstream. a rise in q anon. contributed to a rise in republicans no longer believing in science. a vitriol in american politics that has not been seen before. and ultimately an insurrection un us soil. an attack on the capital and an attempt to overturn an election.

it worked. putin's chaos worked. they hurt america and we are only now seeing the consequences are not over.

I don't believe that you guys needed Putin's permission to hurl vitriol at your political opponents. You all have hated us for decades.

Oh shit. WokeandBroke is jhmd, not Junebug. Welcome back dude.

Yeah, he didn't take the "Heller was a terrible decision" bait a couple weeks ago so I'm not convinced about the Junebug relation. I really wish posters would pick a name and stick with it.

Yeah, he didn't take the "Heller was a terrible decision" bait a couple weeks ago so I'm not convinced about the Junebug relation. I really wish posters would pick a name and stick with it.

It takes a particularly shitty person to pick a specifically political name. They have no interest in Wake sports or other sports or sharing a little info about themselves. Nope. Just trolling libs.

I wonder if it’s not jhmd, it could be that knowell guy. I don’t think he’s posted in awhile.

I don't believe that you guys needed Putin's permission to hurl vitriol at your political opponents. You all have hated us for decades.

Dude I was a Republican a decade ago. Or maybe I was experimenting with libertarianism at that point. Anyways I certainly wasn't a liberal, and I voted for Republican candidates through the 2010 elections.

The GOP leadership has become increasingly awful over the last 5-10 years, led by Trump and a gaggle of other deplorables, and the American populace is rejecting that change. So the GOP is doubling down on gerrymandering and voter suppression because they are losing the war of ideas.

So stop crying and painting yourselves as victims, and start working to fix your sewer filled political party.

It takes a particularly shitty person to pick a specifically political name. They have no interest in Wake sports or other sports or sharing a little info about themselves. Nope. Just trolling libs.

I wonder if it’s not jhmd, it could be that knowell guy. I don’t think he’s posted in awhile.

He referred to the sports forum as the “Wake Loses at Sports forum”. Pretty sure that gave away that it’s jhmd.

Knowell never typed that much.

Lol didn’t even catch the plural “fora”. That is definitely jhmd.

The Mods have earned substantial deference over the years. Their unanimous decision feels like a good starting point that might also be the ending point.

The outsized role of the OGB in RJ's daily life is obvious. To take that away permanently (while merited) may also be cruel. If there was a confined-to-a-single-thread-per-board (One for Wake Loses at Sports Forum, an RJ Chat Thread, and an RJ Politics thread), with NO PM/REP RIGHTS, RJ would be opt-in (rather than opt-out through the use of the ignore function). I think striking his ability to project into other people's experience here (no PM/REP/Single Thread) is the fair approach.

Sidenote: If derogatory posts on FB was a problem before the lifetime ban my advice would be to fasten your chinstrap for the foreseeable future. Letting RJ get whatever off of this chest here (in what should be an anonymous forum) might be a better outlet than exiling him to more public fora.

He referred to the sports forum as the “Wake Loses at Sports forum”. Pretty sure that gave away that it’s jhmd.

Knowell never typed that much.

I am pretty sure Knowell has posted on the sports board relatively recently, I remember being surprised at how reasonable their sports take was given how terrible their political positions always were.

Dude I was a Republican a decade ago. Or maybe I was experimenting with libertarianism at that point. Anyways I certainly wasn't a liberal, and I voted for Republican candidates through the 2010 elections.

The GOP leadership has become increasingly awful over the last 5-10 years, led by Trump and a gaggle of other deplorables, and the American populace is rejecting that change. So the GOP is doubling down on gerrymandering and voter suppression because they are losing the war of ideas.

So stop crying and painting yourselves as victims, and start working to fix your sewer filled political party.

Same. When I got married in 1991, Bob and Elisabeth Dole were at my wedding. (my father in law worked for Dole). What has happened to the Republican party is a total shame.

I am pretty sure Knowell has posted on the sports board relatively recently, I remember being surprised at how reasonable their sports take was given how terrible their political positions always were.

Yeah. knowell is a good sports poster.

Same. When I got married in 1991, Bob and Elisabeth Dole were at my wedding. (my father in law worked for Dole). What has happened to the Republican party is a total shame.

That's awesome. Bob and Liddy are good people.

Believing that the KGB (who poison people on the regular) is content with merely sowing chaos in the hopes that doing so would indirectly impact outcomes and would stop short of walking through gaping holes in our security to be able to interfere directly is some kind of special.

Seems criminally inefficient and risky to chance blowing the operation by having one person case one fraudulent vote. Which is probably why we found no such thing when we did the investigation.

I love how insistent Trumpers are about "dead people" voting, as if local and state govenrments have no records of people that died.

Interesting. For 4 years, jh wanted nothing to do with President Trump. Now they share common cause with the idea that election security is a thing that must be fixed. And that common cause is, of course, directly opposed to the evidence that, you know, the 2020 election was safe, secure, and properly conducted.

For 4 years? Didn't jhmd leave the boards shortly after Trump was elected?

He left after the midterms and actually sent a PM outlining some personal reasons for doing so. Wasn't ducking Trumpism. Should absolutely have his feet held to the fire over it now if he's actually here to answer for it.

Back