• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republican Voter Suppression Efforts

They’re often not actually free for folks.

Try that google search suggested above.

Free IDs that solve real-world problems? There's just no money for that. You can't get anything by the deficit hawks on the left.

What is the problem it solves? I am concerned that we are fabricating a solution to a problem that does not exist. Please provide links or data that show people are fraudulently voting by exploiting non-photo id loop holes.

GettyImages_StaceyAbrams_110718.gif

Such great ideas! I might join this brilliant GOP!

It's funny how Angus' idea of trolling is saying Governor Stacey Abrams because she lost election in Georgia based on laws Georgia Republicans are trying to change.

What is the problem it solves? I am concerned that we are fabricating a solution to a problem that does not exist. Please provide links or data that show people are fraudulently voting by exploiting non-photo id loop holes.

Yep

To hear Republican leaders describe it, they are merely attempting to address the problem of people perceiving or suspecting that there’s lots of voter fraud, whut is causing the folks t’ not have confidense in the results of the vote.

Of course, the reason the folks are so worried about fraud and lack confidence…? The lies they are fed by those same Republican leaders and “conservative” media about voter fraud!

Wake up, people.

Last edited:
OK - But it still doesn't answer the question.

What issue do you have with the above proposal other than the fact it was pushed by politicians with a (R) behind their names?

Allegedly you guys are itching to discuss policy in good faith. Now is your opportunity.

This was a really excellent good-faith discussion. Super glad I engaged.

Yep

To hear Republican leaders describe it, they are merely attempting to address the problem of people perceiving or suspecting that there’s lots of voter fraud, whut is causing the folks t’ not have confidense in the results of the vote.

Of course, the reason the folks are so worried about fraud and lack confidence…? The lies they are fed by those same Republican leaders and “conservative” media about voter fraud!

Wake up, people.

What's cool is that the conservatives on this board really engaged in the discussion of this fabricated issue. It's been good for me to get out of my bubble and expend my perspective.

Even if you don't believe that election security is important, you don't believe that government issued photo IDs are generally useful in society? Do you have one?

Mr. Free and Fair Elections, Governor Ron DeSantis, is signing his election law bill today and has banned all press except Fox News.

Even if you don't believe that election security is important, you don't believe that government issued photo IDs are generally useful in society? Do you have one?

I tend to believe in things when there is evidence and data. Please share some. What's is the evidence that this law is needed, given the potential for "unintended" consequences?

What problem does it solve? Just answer his question instead of using straw man arguments.

Why not just give out free IDs and not require them for voting if you are so concerned about people having identification? Also, I have several government issues IDs, all of them cost me money.

Three of the last four Presidents have been elected by margins that changed hands after the polls have closed but sure.

This is your argument? Then come up with a quicker way to count and report votes. If Republicans want to fix this problem why did some states pass laws to make it illegal to count mail-in votes until after polls closed.

It’s not good faith to argument a vote cast at 7:59 pm is shady because it isn’t reported until 8:01 pm. It’s not even a semi-intelligent argument.

Three of the last four Presidents have been elected by margins that changed hands after the polls have closed but sure.

This evidence is not convincing. In fact, it is not evidence of the problem you are purporting to solve.

It is pretty clear that requiring photo id will increase the counting speed.

Back