• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republican Voter Suppression Efforts

Also, fee free to show me a republican policy that is not actually racist, fascist and/or a "threat to democracy."

School choice and education savings accounts to help fix the public education system in this country

Fee better now???

School choice and education savings accounts to help fix the public education system in this country

Fee better now???

I searched a bit for which states have education savings accounts, and I keep getting the same 5-6 republican-to-swing states (AZ, TN, FL, NV, MS, some mention NC and TX), and they are all from 2015-2016. Seems something in that time bumped the priority of that particular policy way down the list.

Fee better now???

I do! thanks for catching my typo!! Well done!!!

those are two actual policy thoughts. of course, school choice is code for publicly funding religious schools but ok i'll put that aside for now.

the major problem with the public education system is that every county does it differently and the extreme disparity between the have's and have not's is striking.

a quick google search for best/worst public education systems found a number of links. unsure of what source you may not dismiss immediately i went out on a limb with

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/best-worst-states-public-school-systems-2020

i can't quite put my finger on it but there seems to be a pattern with the best and worst 10. hmmm... give me a minute... which states <cough> party <cough> appear to value providing kids a quality education and which just give it lip service? it'll come to me... i feel like i'm missing something... maybe there is some systemic reason(s)? i appreciate your patience while I am trying to noodle this out.

Experts Call It A 'Clown Show' But Arizona 'Audit' Is A Disinformation Blueprint

Misinformation, disinformation, and outright lies.

Otherwise known as Republican strategy.

we all know this Arizona 'Audit' is a disaster and a 'clown show', but i am in a debate with a friend that they will just come out and say Trump won. It's clearly not a valid 'audit' with no equal representation, but i wonder if they will be required to show any proof...that they 'find'. i am sure there is a YUGE amount of bamboo (one of the stupidest things as part of this 'audit') in the tickets.

my guess is when they don't find anything they will pack up as quietly as possible in the hopes people will forget...like the Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity, which found no fraud and closed within one year of Trump forming.

Last edited:
It’s like you’ve never grifted and conned before. They won’t pack up quietly, when they find nothing they will push something even more ridiculous and more extreme that’s guaranteed to get strong pushback, especially legally. Then it will be the deep state etc… preventing the truth from coming out.

It goes even deeper than we thought!

It’s like you’ve never grifted and conned before. They won’t pack up quietly, when they find nothing they will push something even more ridiculous and more extreme that’s guaranteed to get strong pushback, especially legally. Then it will be the deep state etc… preventing the truth from coming out.

this audit was also run by the deep state funded by Soros

Manchin’s logic is if only one party of politicians supports pro-democracy reforms that are popular with both parties, that party is partisan.

He also seems to believe that stopping partisan voting laws at the state level is partisan.

I will add those questions above seem like they’re setting up a big switch. But I won’t keep my hopes up.

Last edited:

7 Republican Senators out of 50 voted to convict Trump, yet that's all Manchin seems to notice. His argument, no matter how he phrases it, basically boils down to Congress can't use partisan measures to stop blatantly partisan voter restriction laws being enacted at the state level. His reference to the 1965 Voting Rights Act is irrelevant as the GOP that existed at that time is long gone. At this point it's clear that there will be no voter protection laws or an end to the filibuster in this session of Congress. Even if Manchin somehow changed his mind (and he won't), I seriously doubt that Sinema would support any of this either. The only way that Democrats will end the filibuster or get voter protection laws passed is if they somehow can win at least 52 Senate seats and keep control of the House in the next few sessions of Congress. As long as the Democrats are dependent upon Manchin and Sinema nothing of the sort will be passed, period.

moscow mitch is cackling maniacally every night thanks to Manchin and Sinema.

Georgia governor booed at republican convention for not overturning the presidential and Senatorial votes in GA.

"I gamed the system to win an election and you don't love me anymore?"

Back