• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republican Voter Suppression Efforts

In North Carolina at least, no photo ID is required for a covid vaccine. Or an ID of any kind at all. You walk in and tell them your name and they check it off a printed list.

I am referring to the experience of the poster that I was replying to, who described his production of his government-issued ID as proof of his eligibility to receive his Covid vaccination. Government-issued IDs seemed pretty important that day.

Last edited by a moderator:
This would be a passable argument had we not just spent four years mopping up buckets of tears over equally-specious claims about Russian interference in the 2016 election.
When all else fails. Use a strawman lie about the Russian investigation.

This would be a passable argument had we not just spent four years mopping up buckets of tears over equally-specious claims about Russian interference in the 2016 election.

So you either won't (or can't) answer the question. Thanks for being yet another bosiding conservative. And for what it's worth, there's actually far more evidence regarding Russian interference in the 2016 election than there is of vote fraud and abuse in the 2020 election - which is to say there is no evidence of significant vote fraud or abuse, in Georgia or anywhere else. As has been said before, you're defending a solution to a problem that doesn't exist, except in the paranoid, conspiracy-riddled minds of Dear Leader and his minions.

Last edited:
So you either won't (or can't) answer the question. Thanks for being yet another bosiding conservative. And for what it's worth, there's actually far more evidence regarding Russian interference in the 2016 election than there is of vote fraud and abuse in the 2020 election - which is to say there is no evidence of significant vote fraud or abuse, in Georgia or anywhere else. As has been said before, you're defending a solution to a problem that doesn't exist, except in the paranoid, conspiracy-riddled minds of Dear Leader and his minions.

And very few, if any, of the proposed responses to Russian election interference made it harder for Americans to vote.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/04/11/companies-voting-bills-states/
More than 100 chief executives and corporate leaders gathered online Saturday to discuss taking new action to combat the controversial state voting bills being considered across the country, including the one recently signed into law in Georgia.

Executives from major airlines, retailers and manufacturers — plus at least one NFL owner — talked about potential ways to show they opposed the controversial legislation, including by halting donations to politicians who support the bills and even delaying investments in states that pass the restrictive measures, according to four people who were on the call, including one of the organizers, Jeffrey Sonnenfeld, a Yale management professor.

The call’s goal was to unify companies that had been issuing a flurry of their own statements and signing onto drafted statements from different organizations in the wake of Georgia passing its voting ball, Sonnenfeld said. The leaders called in from around the country — some chimed in from Augusta, Ga., where they were attending the Masters golf tournament.

“There was a defiance of the threats that businesses should stay out of politics,” Sonnenfeld said. “They were obviously rejecting that even with their presence (on the call). But they were there out of concern about voting restrictions not being in the public interest.”

Even if it was true that Russia did not interfere in our 2016 election, What major changes to voting laws did Democrats ram through state legislatures to stop foreign interference in our elections? What impediments to voting did they put in place in the name of some “fake” threat to election integrity?

I can confirm this experience in NC. I volunteer at Roof Above in Charlotte, and one of my tasks as a counselor is to help people replace lost/stolen IDs. If you had an ID in NC that wasn't expired, it's not too bad - just go to the social security office and spend a full day getting a replacement card, then go to the DMV and get a replacement card. Oh wait - sorry, SSA wants to see your ID before giving you a replacement card, and DMV won't give you an ID without another form of ID.

And don't even get me started on if you don't have an ID already. Then you need a birth certificate. For you or me to get a birth certificate for ourselves is a pain in the ass - involving a lot of online paperwork and waiting 6 weeks. And we're good at internet navigation, and we have a constant mailing address, and we have money to pay for the costs. The homeless don't have any of that. We give them 2 hours on a computer at the library and they spend it searching for "how do I get a birth certificate for free." I even dealt with one guy whose parents had been transient, and he had no idea where or when he was born. He THOUGHT it was California. Good luck getting a birth certificate in those circumstances. That's when I have to call in the professional social workers for help.

We recently had to get certified copies of my daughter's birth certificate. We ordered them online from the Mecklenburg County Register of Deeds, paid $30, and got it the same day.

Now, I assume I could get a certified copy of my own birth certificate from Fulton County pretty easily, but I do realize it would be challenging if i didn't have $30 or a permanent address.

There was a four-year, conspiracy theory laden tantrum about election interference. Investigations. Hearings. Reports. The whole 27 feet. We had bilateral impacted ear canals full of election security talk.

Is the theory that Putin and the KGB are hell-bent on interfering with our elections that they would hack, psyop and otherwise interfere (through whatever indirect mechanisms that had the Left out of sorts for 48 straight months) but he/they wouldn't dare walk up and cast a fake vote in the name of a dead person/mail in harvested unsecure ballots (such that we can drop reasonable security measures for...actually voting)? The KGB couldn't muster an internet search of public records of people who don't vote often and go pretend to be those people? The KGB can't spring for first class mail stamps? Either you believed that Russia noise or you didn't. It's impossible to have actually believed it AND also believe that they wouldn't exploit the gaping holes in election security you all are insisting upon. Beyond parody.

Last edited by a moderator:
beyond dumb. in addition to putin just wanting to sow chaos in american politics you do not understand the nature of the interference.

its like you are purposely not understanding what is going on to your "side" owns the libs i guess. trump invited the kgb into the oval office. he took meetings with russian agents without the normal protocols in place, including but not limited to, using russian rather than american interpreters. he took notes from the us not takers. his kids and campaign officials took meetings with known agents and are on record saying the home the information promised (but ultimately not delivered) on hillary would be big. but then... you know this and don't care. MOAR owning the lubes!

"i'm not the puppet. YOU ARE THE PUPPET!"
-donnie jenius trump

Tag: I can't believe i bothered

There was a four-year, conspiracy theory laden tantrum about election interference. Investigations. Hearings. Reports. The whole 27 feet. We had bilateral impacted ear canals full of election security talk.

Is the theory that Putin and the KGB are hell-bent on interfering with our elections that they would hack, psyop and otherwise interfere (through whatever indirect mechanisms that had the Left out of sorts for 48 straight months) but he/they wouldn't dare walk up and cast a fake vote in the name of a dead person/mail in harvested unsecure ballots (such that we can drop reasonable security measures for...actually voting)? The KGB couldn't muster an internet search of public records of people who don't vote often and go pretend to be those people? The KGB can't spring for first class mail stamps? Either you believed that Russia noise or you didn't. It's impossible to have actually believed it AND also believe that they wouldn't exploit the gaping holes in election security you all are insisting upon. Beyond parody.

So what laws did Dems ram through in their hysterical response to the "fake" Russia threat?

So what laws did Dems ram through in their hysterical response to the "fake" Russia threat?

Policy positions can either be positive (proposing legislation) or negative (opposing legislation). Opposing common sense reforms is also a policy position, which the Dems are doing in this case (which makes it significantly easier for corrupt influences to interfere directly with election outcomes). If you wish to limit the discussion to statutes they voted for (but ignore the common sense things they voted against), then you "win".

beyond dumb. in addition to putin just wanting to sow chaos in american politics you do not understand the nature of the interference.

its like you are purposely not understanding what is going on to your "side" owns the libs i guess. trump invited the kgb into the oval office. he took meetings with russian agents without the normal protocols in place, including but not limited to, using russian rather than american interpreters. he took notes from the us not takers. his kids and campaign officials took meetings with known agents and are on record saying the home the information promised (but ultimately not delivered) on hillary would be big. but then... you know this and don't care. MOAR owning the lubes!

"i'm not the puppet. YOU ARE THE PUPPET!"
-donnie jenius trump

Tag: I can't believe i bothered

Believing that the KGB (who poison people on the regular) is content with merely sowing chaos in the hopes that doing so would indirectly impact outcomes and would stop short of walking through gaping holes in our security to be able to interfere directly is some kind of special.

Believing that the KGB (who poison people on the regular) is content with merely sowing chaos in the hopes that doing so would indirectly impact outcomes and would stop short of walking through gaping holes in our security to be able to interfere directly is some kind of special.

Maybe there aren’t “gaping holes” in our security.

Your premise is completely flawed. You’re arguing that a huge investigation that found one kind of interference (social media psy ops, regular contact with the Trump campaign, hacking and releasing emails, tampering with voter rolls, etc) is somehow invalid because it didn’t find that the KGB was casting individual votes.

It’s especially crazy because you’re defending the Republican premise that it should be harder to vote and that they’ve been making it hard to vote by saying it would be easy for the KGB to cast the hundreds of thousands of illegals votes necessary to swing elections.

for decades the CIA waged a culture war on the Eastern Bloc and that worked

Maybe there aren’t “gaping holes” in our security.

Your premise is completely flawed. You’re arguing that a huge investigation that found one kind of interference (social media psy ops, regular contact with the Trump campaign, hacking and releasing emails, tampering with voter rolls, etc) is somehow invalid because it didn’t find that the KGB was casting individual votes.

It’s especially crazy because you’re defending the Republican premise that it should be harder to vote and that they’ve been making it hard to vote by saying it would be easy for the KGB to cast the hundreds of thousands of illegals votes necessary to swing elections.

That's not what I am arguing at all. Not even close.

trump invited the kgb into the oval office. he took meetings with russian agents without the normal protocols in place, including but not limited to, using russian rather than american interpreters. he took notes from the us not takers. his kids and campaign officials took meetings with known agents and are on record saying the home the information promised (but ultimately not delivered) on hillary would be big. but then... you know this and don't care. MOAR owning the lubes!

Please link to the section(s) in the Mueller Report which support this nonsensical word salad.

Thanks in advance

Could you explain why voting should not be allowed before 6 am or after 9 pm?

Personally I don't have a problem with it but I imagine Edna the 76 year old poll volunteer might have an issue or two.

Could you explain why someone who is working 2nd/3rd shift doesn't have time to mail in an absentee ballot when not on the clock?

Policy positions can either be positive (proposing legislation) or negative (opposing legislation). Opposing common sense reforms is also a policy position, which the Dems are doing in this case (which makes it significantly easier for corrupt influences to interfere directly with election outcomes). If you wish to limit the discussion to statutes they voted for (but ignore the common sense things they voted against), then you "win".

The way you laid this out boredandbroke is, in response to a questions about why any of these laws are needed in the first place when there is no evidence of voter fraud is "Well Russia was fake too!" But all the "Dems" did (Keep in mind Sessions and Comey, both republicans at the time, are the ones that laid the ground work for Muller being appointed) was investigate and when the evidence, though extensive, had little actionable outcomes, they didn't force a bunch of voter ID laws to address the issue. They did try to give states funding to enhance cyber security for voting systems but McConnell obstructed everything.

Whatever the case, you are a master goal post shifter. You shift goal posts faster than you shift screen names.

Back