Page 62 of 66 FirstFirst ... 125257585960616263646566 LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1303

Thread: Republican Voter Suppression Efforts

Quote Originally Posted by WakeForestRanger View Post
    Welp, seems like the only thing we can do to prevent this in the future is to stop people from handing out water to other people waiting in line to vote.
    Birds are real.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Iím sure one of our conservative friends will by to explain how not passing out water is going to stop Republicans from killing their wives and taking their votes.

Republican Voter Suppression Efforts

Blows my mind how much rich people spend on politicians (government) for the purpose of keeping government (politicians) out of their money.
    https://twitter.com/wjordan/status/1393279187490803713

Last edited by WakeForestRanger; 05-15-2021 at 06:30 PM.

They don't care about being the "good guys", they just want to stay in power, no matter the cost. Also, I don't know why anyone would be surprised or shocked by this, given all that we've seen from the GOP over the past decade. And, yeah, fixing (rigging) the system so that Democrats need to win the popular vote by a very unrealistic 15% just to win a bare majority of the state legislature will pretty much be the template for other GOP-controlled states. The Mississippi GOP has effectively turned themselves into a permanent majority party, and the Democrats into a permanent minority, no matter how many times the Democrats win the popular vote for state legislature. And no doubt they're quite proud of themselves for doing so. And if the GOP in NC ever wins back the governorship and a majority of the State Supreme Court, they'll do the exact same thing here, and nothing will be able to stop them.

Somewhere in Mississippi, Wrangor is pretty psyched.
    Birds are real.

They. Have. No. Shame.
    I love mankind...itís people I canít stand!!

Gotta save those precious little babies so they can ensure they will be undernourished and undereducated so they can sell them addictive prescription drugs later on

Quote Originally Posted by ConnorEl View Post
    They. Have. No. Shame.
    I love mankind...itís people I canít stand!!

I disagree with you
    what was he trying to win wearing that sweatshirt?

Like other posters here, I've said a number of times that a long-term goal of the GOP is to roll back many of the progressive advances that have been made since the early 20th Century, and initiatives, referendums, etc. are among them. Initiatives and referendums were created in the Progressive Era as a way for voters to bypass corrupt, business-dominated, or reactionary state governments and pass progressive laws. So Republicans are now busily rolling back advances that were made over a century ago. They truly are a "back to the future" party now. Gilded Age, here we come!
    Last edited by Highland Deac; 05-22-2021 at 10:41 AM.

Republicans get away with it. Florida keeps passing progressive amendments with 60% of the vote. But they also vote for Florida Republicans who dramatically water them down.

Itís always interesting to me that Republicans like to claim that their party and policies are ideologically diverse. She kept claiming the election laws are a state by state effort when itís a bunch of states passing very similar laws at the same time under the same pretext.

Very interesting that she brought up the 2000 election unprompted (there could have been edits).