• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republican Voter Suppression Efforts

If this ruling stands, Ohio will literally have a state legislature that the Ohio State Supreme Court ruled violates the Ohio state constitution. I never want to hear a conservative talk about "states rights" again.

Every person voting republican is supporting the end of America.

Just came here to see if the Przybyla story had been posted. Not surprising in the least but it's interesting to see such detail behind it.

Captain Obvious says: The GOP is just shameless in its lust for power.

The leadership is mostly wicked…with an increasing minority that’s significantly deluded by mis/disinformation (like most of those voting R).

The GOP is evil but they have help from Dems who can’t combat evil.

I don't know about that. The Dems have REAL get out the vote efforts in Black churches and communities replete with vans and everything. Of course the Pubs are trying to cut out weekend voting, but really, they're trying to counteract existing longstanding Democrat mass voting traditions. Of course they're doing it in an obviously targeted racist way, but that's how they roll.

I get what you’re saying but that’s Black people fighting racism as a matter of survival not Democrats engaging in good politics.

Yeah, and Democrats seem to make a decent effort to work that crowd. Now, being able to register at the polls is an incredibly important part of that effort, but that's disappearing too.

Well, of course, that's what Republican judges are for. And if these poor folks try to challenge DeSantis at the federal level, the Trumpite Supreme Court has already made it perfectly clear that they will approve of such extreme gerrymandering. So the GOP has won this round of gerrymandering, and as long as they control the courts in their state and the US Supreme Court they'll continue to do so forever. If the Republicans gain control of the NC State Supreme Court this fall, and they have an excellent chance of doing so, then the same will happen here.

Like a Klan who can take the law into their own hands.

Back