• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republican Voter Suppression Efforts

No doubt, and this should be no surprise whatsoever. I believe it was Newt Gingrich who inadvertently blurted out the truth on Fox last year when he said that if write-in voting continues to be as easy and accessible as it was in last year's election then it's going to be very hard for Republicans to win in the future. And with the GOP in control of many state and federal courts, it's unlikely that Democrats will find much relief in the court system. Starting in 2022 voters in many states may find it much more difficult to vote than last year.

You know, it's almost as if Republicans seem to believe that the definition of vote fraud is "Democrats being able to vote more easily."

Dems should pass as many federal laws about voting as are possible.

I wonder which will be the first red state legislature to just propose bringing back the poll tax, literacy tests, etc. to restrict voting. You know there's plenty of red states that would do it if they thought they could get away with it.

They're continually trying to recreate them. They can't do poll taxes but they can require IDs and force potential voters to pay for IDs. That may require some people to take time off work, maybe pay for a ride to the DMV. They can't require literacy tests, but they can use strict signature matching and ridiculously detailed instructions for handling and mailing in ballots.

The Republican Party is hazardous to pretty much all things decent, honest and honorable.

I wonder if they added election funding to the HR1 if they could pass it through reconciliation.

Republicans suck. After Jan 6 and the aftermath, I'll never vote for another republican ever again.

Back