• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republican Voter Suppression Efforts

I’m sure one of our conservative friends will by to explain how not passing out water is going to stop Republicans from killing their wives and taking their votes.

Last edited:
They don't care about being the "good guys", they just want to stay in power, no matter the cost. Also, I don't know why anyone would be surprised or shocked by this, given all that we've seen from the GOP over the past decade. And, yeah, fixing (rigging) the system so that Democrats need to win the popular vote by a very unrealistic 15% just to win a bare majority of the state legislature will pretty much be the template for other GOP-controlled states. The Mississippi GOP has effectively turned themselves into a permanent majority party, and the Democrats into a permanent minority, no matter how many times the Democrats win the popular vote for state legislature. And no doubt they're quite proud of themselves for doing so. And if the GOP in NC ever wins back the governorship and a majority of the State Supreme Court, they'll do the exact same thing here, and nothing will be able to stop them.

Gotta save those precious little babies so they can ensure they will be undernourished and undereducated so they can sell them addictive prescription drugs later on

Like other posters here, I've said a number of times that a long-term goal of the GOP is to roll back many of the progressive advances that have been made since the early 20th Century, and initiatives, referendums, etc. are among them. Initiatives and referendums were created in the Progressive Era as a way for voters to bypass corrupt, business-dominated, or reactionary state governments and pass progressive laws. So Republicans are now busily rolling back advances that were made over a century ago. They truly are a "back to the future" party now. Gilded Age, here we come!

Last edited:
Republicans get away with it. Florida keeps passing progressive amendments with 60% of the vote. But they also vote for Florida Republicans who dramatically water them down.

It’s always interesting to me that Republicans like to claim that their party and policies are ideologically diverse. She kept claiming the election laws are a state by state effort when it’s a bunch of states passing very similar laws at the same time under the same pretext.

Very interesting that she brought up the 2000 election unprompted (there could have been edits).

Back