• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republican Voter Suppression Efforts

Sadly, yes. But it's nice the Dems got that State S.C. seat... since that was the sole motivation of the Republicans to meddle with the election in the first place. Dumbasses.

Dems and SuperPACs should play this up in major ways in the early fall-election day. They should be spending money telling people of color and young people the truth- Trump and Republicans are trying to keep them from voting. If this is played up, there could massive turnout which will devastate GOP candidates.

Have some spine Dems! Make this about stealing your right to vote!

So let me get this straight. The Republicans on the Supreme Court of the United States of America put tens of thousands of lives at risk to help Republicans win a state Supreme Court election that they lost.

These people, man. These people.

So let me get this straight. The Republicans on the Supreme Court of the United States of America put tens of thousands of lives at risk to help Republicans win a state Supreme Court election that they lost.

At least they lost. Clearly the efforts of the SC and WI GOP backfired badly. Hopefully that voter anger lasts until November.

At least they lost. Clearly the efforts of the SC and WI GOP backfired badly. Hopefully that voter anger lasts until November.

Dems SHOULD make it matter! Make it #2 issue behind beating Trump. Target WI, AZ, NC, FL, PA, MI, TX, NV and OH. Spend MILLIONS in each state about this.

But Dems are too fucking weak and stupid to do it.

You know SCOTUS and Republican politicians are going to fight back hard. They're not just going to accept people having the right to vote and using that right to not elect them. They've never just accepted it. They will resort to violence.

All seven Supreme Court justices voted absentee, even those who hadn't in the past

Four out of the five conservative justices generally vote on election day.

Not this time around.

(I get that this was the fault of the GOP legislators more than the judges, but this is still dark.)

What's especially interesting - and encouraging - is that Karofsky was considered to be the underdog in the race, yet she won easily in a landslide. I guess forcing people to wait in line to vote in a pandemic wasn't such a good move by the WI GOP and right-wing Supreme Court.

Could be as simple as it being a Democratic Party primary with nothing on the line for Republicans. There were over 900K Dem primary voters vs. just over 600K Pub primary voters. Karofsky won 834K to 685K.

Parting gift from Bernie. Perhaps those Dems don’t show to vote for Karofsky if Bernie drops out.

If Republicans let Evers postpone the vote, Biden is the presumptive nominee and that lowers Dem turnout.

Last edited:
Could be as simple as it being a Democratic Party primary with nothing on the line for Republicans. There were over 900K Dem primary voters vs. just over 600K Pub primary voters. Karofsky won 834K to 685K.

Parting gift from Bernie. Perhaps those Dems don’t show to vote for Karofsky if Bernie drops out.

If Republicans let Evers postpone the vote, Biden is the presumptive nominee and that lowers Dem turnout.

I heard from a VERY reliable source that the Democrats didn't even want to postpone until Trump endorsed the republican judge and his numbers went through the roof! Seems like he was a lock. Of course, my source is a loud mouthed orange man.

Not to mention giving his campaign staff benefits through November.

Bernie Sanders doesn’t seem so evil after all, huh.

I mean, if you want to throw the President in there, sure.

Do you disagree that people as old as Sanders and Biden should have stepped out of the way and not run for President?

I don’t disagree. But they didn’t and we are living with the consequences, so bosides and whatabout are kind of equally annoying retorts.

How is saying that Biden and Sanders are selfish "bosides" or "whatabout?"

It’s just an above it all response, man, and you’re not. You’re in it with everybody else. You’re going to vote for one of these selfish assholes and the other selfish asshole (who endorsed the other selfish asshole) helped preserve some semblance of democracy in Wisconsin. So, they’re not my ideal candidates either but they’re what we’ve got and we are talking about them.

It’s just an above it all response, man, and you’re not. You’re in it with everybody else. You’re going to vote for one of these selfish assholes and the other selfish asshole (who endorsed the other selfish asshole) helped preserve some semblance of democracy in Wisconsin. So, they’re not my ideal candidates either but they’re what we’ve got and we are talking about them.

exactly, bernie hanging around past the wisconsin primary was simply/solely 3-d chess to help down-ballot dems and to give his campaign workers healthcare :rolleyes:

This makes no sense to me. You spend an inordinate portion of your day bitching about Joe Biden (not without reason, mind you), despite the fact that you will vote for him in November. That's ok, in your world.

I spend a much smaller portion of my week mentioning that I think both Biden and Sanders are selfish and awful candidates (again, not without reason), despite the fact that I will vote for Biden in November. That is an "annoying retort."

That makes no sense to me.

Back