• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Women's basketball

Pretty amazing facial resemblance between Ralph Kitley getting dunked on and his daughter getting packed.

0002834_jr-reid-of-the-tar-heels.jpeg

5e6154c2f20b6.image.jpg

that's awesome. only way it could possibly be better is if that were Samantha Ivy* or Alicia Dickens* making the block

*fictional names

Very proud of our Lady Deacs! Great character, guts & toughness. Wishing Jen Hoover the best. Go ladies!!

Need to win tomorrow for postseason play. Good luck vs. Ralph Kitley's (the Woodsman) daughter.
Great win. Nice to see a Wake basketball team actually winning in the postseason.
Let's get another one today.

*bonus unrelated fact: Ralph Kitley was my 11th grade history teacher at RJ Reynolds.*

Ready for tip-off. Hopefully the ladies still have some gas in the tank and give the Noles a game. Both regular season meetings were competitive.

Playing 3 games in 3 days is a huge disadvantage against a rested opponent. The tourney euphoria can keep a team going on game 2 against a rested opponent, but fatigue really sets in on day 3. Obviously, not an issue when the opponent is also fatigued, but when the opponent has been resting like FSU, things can get ugly. Like 42-25 ugly.

Definitely fatigued. 8 scoreless minutes were a killer.

Got to start learning how to beat teams like Pittsburgh and East Tennessee State that are the dregs of division one basketball in the regular season. We never can seem to be able to put together an entire season of reasonably consistent performance.

I would imagine that making the WNIT this year is enough for Hoover to keep her job and I really want her to be successful but at some point she's got to get to the NCAA hump it shouldn't be something that is that hard to achieve.

It’s sad that Jen Hoover is a SIGNIFICANTLY better coach than Danny. I watched all three tourney games and she coaches circles around Manning. She’s probably not even in the top half of coaches in the conference either. That’s how bad Danny is.

Has anyone ever wondered how many assists Muggsy bogues would have had if he had been passing the ball to Tim Duncan instead of Ralph Kitley?

So Jenn Hoover got a commitment a couple of days ago.

Rooting for Jen to do well. She is an asset to the athletic program and the University at large. I would say she has had more than her share of injured players and I hope that this year was a step in the right direction. I think her recruiting class is a good one and the upward trend should continue.

Wake WB program is trash. No excuses. Title IX should make them competitive alone. We're not asking for top 15 program. We aren't a top 50 program. Isn't a Wake degree and ACC competition a better selling point?

I don't give a shit about women's college basketball but come on.....

Wake WB program is trash. No excuses. Title IX should make them competitive alone. We're not asking for top 15 program. We aren't a top 50 program. Isn't a Wake degree and ACC competition a better selling point?

I don't give a shit about women's college basketball but come on.....

They were decent this year compared to WF historically.

Back