• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Women's basketball

State has started to run away with it after it was 35-35 late in the 3rd. 53-41 with 3 left.

Another good effort. Ended up losing by 14 but we played toe to toe with a top 10 team on their court for 3 quarters.

Would really help if Odoh could play. If they are going to make the NCAA tournament really need to beat Florida State. It would be nice to have a decent crowd on Thursday. This team deserves our support.

The schedule lightens up after fsu. a win there we could really propel to several games over 500 over the next stretch

I watched a lot today. Seems like we might lack just a little bit of quickness and athleticism, but a solid looking team.

I hope they continue to do well. I joined the view just after State began opening up the lead from 35-35. We must have played well early to be tied in the 3rd. However, from my point on I saw a lot of dribble weave around the perimeter, heads down, and not seemingly looking for a shot. Several shot clock violations happened and little scoring. Hope the positive upswing part continues.

Would really help if Odoh could play. If they are going to make the NCAA tournament really need to beat Florida State. It would be nice to have a decent crowd on Thursday. This team deserves our support.

Come on folks, let's show up and withdraw the men

The women play #14 FSU at LJVM tonight at 7 pm.

Huge game tonight. It would be nice to have a few more people attend tonight's game.

FSU’s recent games make me think we can pull this one off.

I recall hearing that the ACC network had every ACC game. However, I don't see our game tonight listed. It seems we are overlooked often. Anyone know?

I recall hearing that the ACC network had every ACC game. However, I don't see our game tonight listed. It seems we are overlooked often. Anyone know?

Should be on ACCNX through the ESPN app.

Comeback is gonna be too little too late. Got down too big early.

Yep. Good comeback in spite of blowing 2 open lay-ups in the last two minutes. I think they are making progress. Good. 71-67 ??

reminds me of the Collins year. they are beating everyone they should but not springing any upsets (yet). no good Ws / no bad Ls (pre-con is a 'nother story and may keep them out of tourney)

reminds me of the Collins year. they are beating everyone they should but not springing any upsets (yet). no good Ws / no bad Ls (pre-con is a 'nother story and may keep them out of tourney)

They had some pretty bad losses before conference play.

Yep, tough loss really needed to win for NCAA tournament bid. Jury still out on Hoover, played better this year but they have been really bad for most of her tenure. Team needs to finish strong or we may be looking for 2 basketball coaches in March

Yep, tough loss really needed to win for NCAA tournament bid. Jury still out on Hoover, played better this year but they have been really bad for most of her tenure. Team needs to finish strong or we may be looking for 2 basketball coaches in March

Nope. I think she has secured another year already. Almost every impact player returns, and she has a really good recruiting class coming in. Wake women’s basketball has never been good, but she has it going in the right direction. Once again, nobody in the building from the looks of it. If she’s able to bring in talent with zero energy at home, she is going to be able to do better than ever before at Wake. She’s a good basketball coach, and has really developed some of the ladies on the team. Bright future for women’s basketball imo.

Nope. I think she has secured another year already. Almost every impact player returns, and she has a really good recruiting class coming in. Wake women’s basketball has never been good, but she has it going in the right direction. Once again, nobody in the building from the looks of it. If she’s able to bring in talent with zero energy at home, she is going to be able to do better than ever before at Wake. She’s a good basketball coach, and has really developed some of the ladies on the team. Bright future for women’s basketball imo.

This is the first year in quite a while where she has most of her best players on the court and not on the injured list. Makes a difference. Like most places, the last five on the bench are not as good as the first five. For many reasons. If the last five are playing important minutes, life is rarely good.

Back