• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Women's basketball

they will be favored in their next 4 games. They need to win them all. Good to see Udoh back. She can help. Looked like they weren't ready to play at the opening tip and that goes to coaching. Win the next 4 and I will change my tune. Also, disappointing to see only 700 at the game. Winston/Forsyth County has a quarter of a million residents, they should be able to draw a couple of thousand for a good acc matchup.

Last edited:
This is the first year in quite a while where she has most of her best players on the court and not on the injured list. Makes a difference. Like most places, the last five on the bench are not as good as the first five. For many reasons. If the last five are playing important minutes, life is rarely good.

This is the reality of women's basketball, unfortunately - there are a lot of injuries, not just at Wake.

they will be favored in their next 4 games. They need to win them all. Good to see Udoh back. She can help. Looked like they weren't ready to play at the opening tip and that goes to coaching. Win the next 4 and I will change my tune. Also, disappointing to see only 700 at the game. Winston/Forsyth County has a quarter of a million residents, they should be able to draw a couple of thousand for a good acc matchup.

Winning cures all woes. Hopefully they'll get a win streak going and more fans will attend.

They really hurt themselves with some of the non-conference losses.

They're pretty fun to watch. Conti has great control of the game. Raca has awesome footwork. Scruggs and Sharp play with great effort. But, to me, the most impressive player is Morra. She does everything we wish the bigs on our men's teams throughout the years would do - she keeps her arms straight up on D and rarely fouls, she gets a lot of rebounds and on the offensive end she keeps the ball high and quickly puts shots back up.

Just keep winning and their crowd will pickup. You don't erase decades of a poor product overnight. I live in Columbia, wife is a USC grad and we have 3 daughters, so we've been going to women's basketball games here since the mid-2000s. When Dawn Staley was hired there was never more that 1,000 in attendance at nay home game for her first few seasons. As the program started to turn the seats started to fill. Now they regularly draw over 10K for home games. I think they've led the nation in attendance for the past several years. Put a decent product out there and people will come watch. Not saying we will ever be a Top 10 program or have 10K at a game, but I can see us at some point averaging 3-5K for home games if the program keeps advancing.

We have a solid team that is fun to watch. I'll be there on 2/16 when VT comes to town. Hopefully we will have picked up a few more wins by then.

A few thousand?

We can't get that many to come for a men's ACC game.

A few thousand?

We can't get that many to come for a men's ACC game.

Win and yes. Women's games cost next to nothing to go to. Parking is free. A lot of fun for kids at little cost.

The men's team is a way overpriced pile of shit. Who wants to go see that? I'm not sure I'd even go if I lived across the street from the LJVMC and were given free tix.

Win and yes. Women's games cost next to nothing to go to. Parking is free. A lot of fun for kids at little cost.

The men's team is a way overpriced pile of shit. Who wants to go see that? I'm not sure I'd even go if I lived across the street from the LJVMC and were given free tix.

lol there's a reason for this.

If 2 dollars to watch an overpriced pile of shit is too expensive then what are the ticket prices for a women's game? 25 cents?

We can't even get people to show up for a top 20 ranked and undefeated football team playing in primetime. It would take years of being a top 10 program to acquire such large crowds totaling a few thousand.

Of course, this is all speculation because we haven't had a winning women's basketball program in recent memory and I highly doubt we ever will. It just is what it is man.

Wake beats the Cuse to go to 5-4 in the ACC. Syracuse's coach is a funny looking dude.

Udoh and Sharp were really good. Got to win the next 3 to get in the conversation for the NCAA tournament.

They pass nicely. It would be nice to see Coach JH get over the hump and start having success.

Terrible loss for the women. Jury still out on Hoover. Can't lose a game like that to a winless Pitt in the acc.

The women totally panicked in the fourth period. It was like oh crap, we may lose to Pitt.

Terrible loss for the women. Jury still out on Hoover. Can't lose a game like that to a winless Pitt in the acc.

Hoover tells Manning to hold her beer and loses to 3-16 Pitt. They were 0-8 in the ACC and on a 12 game losing streak. Their only wins were against Miss, Farleigh Dickinson, and Central Connecticut State.

Hoover tells Manning to hold her beer and loses to 3-16 Pitt. They were 0-8 in the ACC and on a 12 game losing streak. Their only wins were against Miss, Farleigh Dickinson, and Central Connecticut State.

If you watched the game, she didn’t do a bad shot. Players had their chances, just didn’t execute. Shots did not fall like they normally do. That’s not the coaches fault. Scheme, play calling/design down the stretch is what a coach should be working on in game. Hoover did a great job. Her players failed her.

If you watched the game, she didn’t do a bad shot. Players had their chances, just didn’t execute. Shots did not fall like they normally do. That’s not the coaches fault. Scheme, play calling/design down the stretch is what a coach should be working on in game. Hoover did a great job. Her players failed her.

I watched it and disagree. Wake was up big in the second half and blew it because they didn’t aggressively attack the rim on offense. They settled for jump shots and clearly were not shooting well. They also were terrible on the defensive glass and gave Pitt way too many second chance points. Pitt knew our shooting was off, so they packed it in and gave us outside shots, which we continued to miss.

I watched it and disagree. Wake was up big in the second half and blew it because they didn’t aggressively attack the rim on offense. They settled for jump shots and clearly were not shooting well. They also were terrible on the defensive glass and gave Pitt way too many second chance points. Pitt knew our shooting was off, so they packed it in and gave us outside shots, which we continued to miss.

I agree, they did settle too often and there were poor on the glass. But down the stretch Hoover used her timeouts wisely, and drew up some exceptional plays that got her playmakers open, the players just couldn’t put it in the hole like they normally do. Conti missed a pretty easy layup opportunity created by a nice play call. Definitely wasn’t a perfect game, but I thought it was handled nearly perfectly under 1 minute left in the game.

Back