• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Women's basketball

The argument for keeping Hoover is that this is her best year at Wake. The argument for letting her go is that this is her best year at Wake.

Unless there is a personality conflict, I seriously doubt that Hoover is let go this year. Assuming Manning is fired, I doubt Currie wants to appear to be a hard ass , even though both should be fired this year. Keeping Hoover will show the Board etc, that he is willing to work with a coach. He will tee up her goals for next year, and act in 2021.

A hard ass might be what Wake athletics needs. It sends a message. Even the sports that are doing well have finished their seasons not quite as well as hoped for or expected. A lack of accountability in basketball and volleyball can lead to acceptance of good when championships are possible. Leadership requires the choice of being liked or being respected. There is an enormous difference.

Another ugly L. Time for a change.

Losing to Pitt alone is enough to warrant firing this year. They were barely a top 300 RPI team when we played them and seem to be the worst P5 school in the nation.

Very disappointing. Season was moving along pretty well a few weeks ago and then we completely flame out over a stretch of all winnable games. There’s some pretty good talent on this team and the next recruiting class is solid. New leadership is definitely needed.

They have derailed the real chance to having the best sea season since Sanchez. They would have projected as a tourney team in late Jan. After 4 straight losses of winnable games, now they are no longer going dancing.

Last edited:
Watch all the heads explode when Hoover gets canned and Manning gets another year...

Haven't seen this mentioned - Sunday the Lady Deacs will host VT, featuring a freshman center named Elizabeth Kitley

Yes, daughter of Ralph

Last edited:
Why are Deacon daughters playing at other schools?

Why are Deacon daughters playing at other schools?

As if we really need to ask? One NCAA appearance EVER and last winning ACC record was during the Reagan administration. Seriously, it's a disaster of a program.

As if we really need to ask? One NCAA appearance EVER and last winning ACC record was during the Reagan administration. Seriously, it's a disaster of a program.

What kind of history of does Va. Tech in women's hoops? Could be that she didn't have the grades to get into Wake, who knows?

We were the first P5 program to offer. I guess she didn't want to play here.

Yeah, she was ranked 18th in her graduating class of 535 students at Northwest Guilford - I doubt very seriously grades were an issue. Who knows, maybe she has an interest in engineering?

Maybe, she was aware the women's basketball program had not made the NCAA tournament in her lifetime.

Yeah, she was ranked 18th in her graduating class of 535 students at Northwest Guilford - I doubt very seriously grades were an issue. Who knows, maybe she has an interest in engineering?

Apparently not. I don't know, kids have various reasons for going to school where they do. Sure it'd have been great if she'd come here, but I don't know that it is a stain on our program she didn't.

Coach Hoover recruited her hard. I think she and Ralph were good friends. Elizabeth had a close friend and highly touted point guard teammate who committed to Tech first and they ended up getting Kitley to join her.

Back