• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Women's basketball

berneses

Reaction score
Lost a tight game to 24th ranked Miami on the road today, 59 - 56. Some of the best play from the Hoover era (beat Florida on the road in their last game). They actually run nice offensive sets unlike Manning and his crew. Still I would imagine Currie understands how bad they have been under Hoover.

Up 2 at Duke on ACCN with 20 seconds left. We haven’t won there in an eternity in men’s or women’s.

Won for first time in 30 years at Cameron.

Edit: apparently 27 years. 1993.

Last edited:
Congratulations, Ladies. Beating Duke, in Cameron, is really BIG!

We could make a statement(probably heard by none) by showing up in support of the Womens team Sunday at noon against GT.

Congrats to Lady Deacs for a great win.

In passing I saw the game schedule on the Guide. Thought to tape it but didn't. Congrats and great win for the Lady Deacs. Trust it is a good sign. Final score?

I wish Conti could play for our men’s team. She is amazing. Great vision, fluid shooter. Complete package

Nice win - watched most of 4th qtr. Several in-bounds turnovers made it tighter, but they looked good.
Don't they know you can run the baseline after a made basket to in-bounds?

Wake beats Clemson to go to 3-1 in the ACC. I wonder when the last time wake was 2 games over .500 in the ACC?

The last time Wake was 3-1 in the ACC was 33 years ago.

Long way to go this season but Hoover may be keeping her job. Got pretty good recruits coming in next year as she is recruiting better than Dopey.

Long way to go this season but Hoover may be keeping her job. Got pretty good recruits coming in next year as she is recruiting better than Dopey.

Everybody needs to stay healthy. She's had better teams on IR than on the court.

I mean it's been tough because you have to judge a coach by win loss record but the amount of consistent injuries that this program has dealt with has just been unreal

Everybody needs to stay healthy. She's had better teams on IR than on the court.

Very good point. Seems like every year she has 3 of her star players on the far end of the bench watching. This year they are healthy. They have a lot of big time recruits coming in, and they’re pretty much keeping everybody who makes an impact. I think the new facilities definitely have made an impact in recruiting efforts. Jen should absolutely still have her job at this rate. Even if she goes .333 the rest of the way, she still should keep her job. She has brought some energy to that program, which is something they haven’t had in a long time.

Back