• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Women's basketball

I disagree with the talent part. This is the first year I’ve seen real talent playable. She’s had some talent previously, but almost all of it was sitting on the bench due to injuries. Good to see it all starting to come together.

Won’t let me edit or I’d just add this but lack of talent is also on the coach. It’s college so the team is hers to assemble.

She deserves one more year but she needs to do better next year.

Won’t let me edit or I’d just add this but lack of talent is also on the coach. It’s college so the team is hers to assemble.

Absolutely. I just think it’s going to take time to build a recruiting scheme or system for Wake women’s basketball. We have ZERO history. We have very little fan support. There isn’t much of an atmosphere at home. Today was the first time I’ve seen 1/4 or so of the lower bowl filled besides on school day. It looked like a half decent crowd. We’ve also got some damn nice facilities for the women’s team now too, not just the men. Thanks, Mit.

There’s finally some momentum, and that’s something the program hasn’t had, maybe ever. Give her another year, and see what happens.

Absolutely. I just think it’s going to take time to build a recruiting scheme or system for Wake women’s basketball. We have ZERO history. We have very little fan support. There isn’t much of an atmosphere at home. Today was the first time I’ve seen 1/4 or so of the lower bowl filled besides on school day. It looked like a half decent crowd. We’ve also got some damn nice facilities for the women’s team now too, not just the men. Thanks, Mit.

There’s finally some momentum, and that’s something the program hasn’t had, maybe ever. Give her another year, and see what happens.

I hear ya but it’s not like she’s new.

In Year 8 of Hoover's tenure, the team is currently:

• 11th in the ACC
  • 14-14 overall
  • 7-10 in the ACC
  • 0-5 against the AP Top 25
  • 9-5 at home
  • 3-9 on the road

Entering last season (since Wake hasn't updated the media guide for women's basketball yet on the website) Wake was 18-225 all time against AP top 20 teams. That's just trash.

Lady Deacs just waxed the Holes 83-73 in the opening round of the tournament. Raca, Conti, Sharp and Morra all in double figures. Taking on the Hokies tomorrow at 11:00 am.

Need to win tomorrow for postseason play. Good luck vs. Ralph Kitley's (the Woodsman) daughter.

I hear ya but it’s not like she’s new.

8 years is a long time but she has been snakebit in more than a few of those seasons. Seems like she had a run of season-ending injuries to key players several years in a row. She basically had to rebuild teams with preseason momentum and lots of potential.

I say one more year. She’ll have experience and talent next year- barring any crazy injuries or transfers, we should be good. If not, she needs to go.

Need to win tomorrow for postseason play. Good luck vs. Ralph Kitley's (the Woodsman) daughter.

Yep. She ate our lunch a few weeks ago. We don't have anyone who matches up real well against her.

Kitley's daughter was the ACC Freshman of the Year.

Anyone know if we have to be over .500 for WNIT or if .500 exactly makes us eligible?

Up 5 with 1:49 left and the ball. Conti having a tough game but Ivana playing real well.

Back