• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest football 2020 outlook

ACC
Atlantic
1. Clemson
2. Louisville
3. Florida State
4. Wake Forest
5. Boston College
6. Syracuse
7. North Carolina State

https://247sports.com/Article/ACC-2...layer-of-the-year-game-of-the-year-147962426/

ACC QB Rankings

5. SAM HARTMAN, WAKE FOREST

The skinny: Hartman set a Wake Forest program freshman record with 16 passing touchdowns during the 2018 season before going down with an injury in early November that sidelined him for the final handful of games. That gave way to Jamie Newman's emergence and the rest was history. Demon Deacons coach Dave Clawson made the official call for Newman as QB1 a few weeks prior to the opener during fall camp. Hartman, who has added 20 pounds of muscle since his freshman season, stayed on board as the second-string quarterback and now gets an opportunity in 2020 to lead the 1s again following Newman's transfer to Georgia.

https://247sports.com/LongFormArtic...ce-Sam-Howell-Ian-Book-144200214/#144200214_6

Like to know the last time FSU met or exceeded their pre-season projection. Recently, every year is supposed to be the year where they return to glory.

If State finishes 7th (and they might), Doeren will be long gone. Seemed like BC lost most of their talent from a marginal team. Think the Eagles will struggle.

I totally understand that everyone seems to be doing their best to have a full college football season. But, college football is so much emotion that feeds on the fans. Seeing great rivalry games with lots of empty seats is going to be weird. Beats not having a season at all but it's going to be really strange.

they should check with Duke to see how they've handled it all these years.

Must be all the good weather lately, but I can't wait to see Sam Hartman throw a TD to Sage on a sunny Saturday afternoon. College football can't come soon enough.

Watching the 2008 game vs Ole Miss on ACCN. Wake needs crowds like that again.

The destruction Wellman, and likely Hatch, put upon our basketball program should NEVER be forgiven. NEVER.

It didn't help our football program or attendance. Many loyal alums and long-time givers said to hell with the whole thing and that certainly had to spill over to other sports such as football.

FWIW, that Ole Miss team beat Tim Tebow and eventual national champion Florida in the Swamp, beat #8 LSU in Baton Rouge and won the Cotton Bowl over #7 Texas Tech. That was a very good win.

One of the most fun Wake home environments.

Wish our offense could've stayed at that level all season, Riley had nothing to work with that year

I think we need to put the Winston Salem logo somewhere on our uniforms and make a big deal about it. The key to future crowds is the city. We are the biggest economic engine in The Dash. We have always waited for them to adopt us. Let's adopt them. And I mean make a huge deal over it.

I think we need to put the Winston Salem logo somewhere on our uniforms and make a big deal about it. The key to future crowds is the city. We are the biggest economic engine in The Dash. We have always waited for them to adopt us. Let's adopt them. And I mean make a huge deal over it.

I agree. Are we going to see you at the tailgate this fall?

This has always been the most sensible approach for Wake to take. Better late than never.

I agree. Are we going to see you at the tailgate this fall?

Speaking of tailgating, any educated speculation on how tailgating might be handled? One scenario is no fans in the stadium. Do you allow those with parking passes who wish to to access the lot? Another scenario is reduced attendance, say by 2/3. Do you let all with parking passes in the lot?

Speaking of tailgating, any educated speculation on how tailgating might be handled? One scenario is no fans in the stadium. Do you allow those with parking passes who wish to to access the lot? Another scenario is reduced attendance, say by 2/3. Do you let all with parking passes in the lot?

Maybe only 2 people per vehicle. That would keep the crowds down.

Watching the 2008 game vs Ole Miss on ACCN. Wake needs crowds like that again.

Couple of memories from that day:
Michael Oher (The Blind Side) was on the field that day.
When the kicking team went on the field to attempt the 41-yard winner, Swank was literally, and I do mean literally, skipping his way across the pitch; no doubt in his mind (and hence mine) that he would nail it.
As we left the stadium, U2's "It's a Beautiful Day" was blaring from the sound system.

Excellent idea. Make a bigger deal of this than was made of the stadium name change.

That was my all time favorite game at Groves. It had it all. Oh and Dexter McCluster was a fast son of a bitch.

Nah.

That was my all time favorite game at Groves. It had it all. Oh and Dexter McCluster was a fast son of a bitch.

Hadn’t thought of this before. We played Ole Miss at Groves Stadium and at Ole Miss they tailgate in the Grove.

Hadn’t thought of this before. We played Ole Miss at Groves Stadium and at Ole Miss they tailgate in the Grove.

giphy.gif

Back