• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest football 2020 outlook

Thursday night games used to be a sweet deal with all the eyeballs before NFL TNF.

Thursday and Friday night games are not great. But, I would choose them 1000% of the time over Saturday at noon games in Sept and much of October. The tailgating is great for night games no matter the date - noon games just suck.

Agree Sept noon games suck, but October is fine. But obviously not as good as later in the day.

Within this decade TV money will balloon and TV will have total say of who plays when:

https://theathletic.com/1870731/202...rights-power-5-big-ten-sec-big-12-pac-12-acc/

TV is also a big factor in decreased attendance, as well as cable and sports packages. Die hard fans will come but we just don't have that many. The exponential growth of TV coverage to where about every game is televised, has had to have had an impact, especially little schools like us. In the 90s when I was in Denver, I could only see Wake if it was televised and if Jackson Hole (now Jackson's) had a satellite that could get it. Now, I can see every game from a couch, although I don't. But many will take this option over sitting in 90 degree sun or a cold rain.

I think we should take the blessing of TV revenue and greatly lower the ticket prices to where it is more attractive for local people to spend the $. Probably would make more $ in the end anyway, IMHO.

Boogie named the #2 freak athlete in CFB

2. Carlos Basham Jr., Wake Forest, defensive end
Freakiest attribute: Pick one

One of the best-kept secrets in college football, Basham is a dominant player with 31 career TFLs and 15.5 sacks. He made first-team All-ACC in 2019 with 18 TFLs and 11 sacks. Basham’s measurables stack up well with any of the Freak D-linemen that Clemson or NC State have produced in recent years. The 6-3½, 280-pounder benches more than 400 pounds and squats more than 700. Even more impressive, he’s vertical jumped more than 36 inches and clocked a 4.21 in the short shuttle, which would eclipse any time by a guy his size at this year’s NFL combine. The dude runs so well that Wake even has him on its kickoff team.

https://theathletic.com/1938659/202...college-football-top-athletic-performances-2/

TV is also a big factor in decreased attendance, as well as cable and sports packages. Die hard fans will come but we just don't have that many. The exponential growth of TV coverage to where about every game is televised, has had to have had an impact, especially little schools like us. In the 90s when I was in Denver, I could only see Wake if it was televised and if Jackson Hole (now Jackson's) had a satellite that could get it. Now, I can see every game from a couch, although I don't. But many will take this option over sitting in 90 degree sun or a cold rain.

I think we should take the blessing of TV revenue and greatly lower the ticket prices to where it is more attractive for local people to spend the $. Probably would make more $ in the end anyway, IMHO.

9 times out of 10 I take that option, and I’m less than two and a half hours away. If you don’t enjoy the tailgating experience all that much, the parking becomes a hassle and I am one of those folks who will stand the whole game, which understandably pisses off somebody behind you who isn’t. It is too easy to take the television option, for what ends up being a better “seat” anyway.

9 times out of 10 I take that option, and I’m less than two and a half hours away. If you don’t enjoy the tailgating experience all that much, the parking becomes a hassle and I am one of those folks who will stand the whole game, which understandably pisses off somebody behind you who isn’t. It is too easy to take the television option, for what ends up being a better “seat” anyway.

The problem is that this fall you may not even be able to watch games on tv.

I get why they want to play App in front of fans, but what does canceling a scheduled game against an in state non conference opponent tell you about the chances of playing a non conf game this year?

Conor was the App-Wake decision Wake’s call or did both schools want to postpone?

Seems like it was Wake more than App; the Sun Belt is playing a full 12-game schedule and they only have 8 conference, so their teams need to keep games. I saw Ethan cite something that said the league's teams losing SEC games costs something like $21 million ... so I'm sure their member schools are trying to cobble together four nonconference games the best they can.

Wake is the third game removed from App's schedule, joining Wisconsin and Morgan State.

Open w clemson odu non conf
fcc5e0f21a70d3484c7b674ebf594b38.jpg

Glad to see a handful of ACC schools use their 1 noncon game on the despicable Liberty

Wow Clemson/State/ND to kick off the season you gotta be fucking kidding me.

Why the f is the ND game still in Charlotte. Makes zero sense to have two teams travel

sweet, we get those wins over Clemson and Notre Dame before the season ends early in late September.

Wow Clemson/State/ND to kick off the season you gotta be fucking kidding me.

I dont understand what the problem here is, whether we play them at the beginning of the season or the end it makes no difference. Not sure why fans bitch and moan about the schedule, you go out there and play the games given to you.

Back