• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest football 2020 outlook

Sure Wake should put itself at a disadvantage to the rest of the conference because #appstatebutthurt

seems like App should be more pissed at Wisconsin. aren't we just a stepping stone for them?

Your personal preference aside, we agreed to the game over a year ago and now are canceling it one month before it was to be played. But we value the game so much, we agreed to play it three more years. It’s a reaction to the shit schedule the ACC assigned to us. No one gives an F about the ODU game. App would have drawn tons of eyeballs on screens. Don’t schedule if you are afraid to play the game.

LOL

Your personal preference aside, we agreed to the game over a year ago and now are canceling it one month before it was to be played. But we value the game so much, we agreed to play it three more years. It’s a reaction to the shit schedule the ACC assigned to us. No one gives an F about the ODU game. App would have drawn tons of eyeballs on screens. Don’t schedule if you are afraid to play the game.

lol, no

Currie handled the App situation perfectly. Preserved a likely sellout for a future year while locking in another one for down the line.

Also the app fans I've talked to are pretty happy its been postponed because they actually want to attend the game in person. Unlike their moron coach they realize they wouldn't all be coming down the mountain for a game this season.

Last edited:
Clemson as the #1 team in the nation against any halfway decent opponent is obviously the best game on the schedule.

Clemson Jr DL Xavier Thomas will likely redshirt this year after contracting Covid. Really out of shape. Gotta figure he'll turn pro though.

Currie handled the App situation perfectly. Preserved a likely sellout for a future year while locking in another one for down the line.
Currie, again, makes a great decision for our athletic program. Revenue is key, and Appy will buy tickets. I almost like the cancellation more because it increases the butthurt of the App fans. They are quickly becoming a more hated fan base than UNC or State with their whining and crying. They play in an absolute shitty conference, it is not WFU's job to give them a game vs a P5 school, just because we have some sort of "history".

So I guees Clawson was consulted on the App scheduling. I'd rather drop them completely. Maybe that's the plan -- induce them into rescheduling this game with the promise of two more, then cancel the whole series.

Just really sucks that two of the most talented Wake receivers I've ever witnessed in Dortch and Surratt will finish their careers having played a total of only 20 and 19 games respectively. Really really really sucks.

Back