• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest football 2020 outlook

Will BB&T Field be renamed Truist? When does the current naming rights agreement expire, if not renewed?

I am not holding my breath but it would be great is Currie had the chops to say no way in hell are we putting that shit name on our stadium. Going to games will remind me of a druid ritual if we can't find a sponsor with a better brand.

I am not holding my breath but it would be great is Currie had the chops to say no way in hell are we putting that shit name on our stadium. Going to games will remind me of a druid ritual if we can't find a sponsor with a better brand.

Groves Stadium sponsored by Truist or something, not Truist Field, but that is what will happen.

I would think we would be contractually obligated.

Will BB&T Field be renamed Truist? When does the current naming rights agreement expire, if not renewed?

the original naming rights agreement was for 10 years; there is an extension of unknown length

Over in Winston-Salem, BB&T bought naming rights to the former Groves Stadium at Wake Forest University in 2007. Media reports at the time say the BB&T Field contract was for 10 years. WFU athletics department spokesman Steve Shutt said the two sides have since agreed to an extension but didn't say when that deal was signed or how long it runs for.*

(Wake Forest, by the way, has more BB&T names on campus than just its football stadium. The business school is home to the BB&T Center for the Study of Capitalism. The university also owns an office building on Reynolda Road called the BB&T University Center. The names of those entities will change — or not — depending on the contract language.)

Wake will see the autocorrect Tryst as the stadium name more than once. I don't think the two banks found the next Exxon brand name.

Something to keep in mind as we think about the upcoming year. Here are the records of all the ACC teams over the past 3 years:

1. Clemson 41-2
2. VT 23-15
3. Wake Forest 23 - 16
4. Miami 23 - 16
5. UVA 23-17
6. NC State 22-16
7. BC 20-17
8. Pitt 20-19
9. Duke 20-18
10. Syracuse 19-18
11. Louisville 18-20
12. FSU 18-20
13. Georgia Tech 15-21
14. UNC 12-24

I don't agree with this. Kerns will be fine.

The question for me is: Will Bowers pull his name out of the transfer portal and will Griffs be on campus in January. Those are the two key factors in QB depth IMO

I haven't seen a single thing from Bowers that makes me hope he returns

Something to keep in mind as we think about the upcoming year. Here are the records of all the ACC teams over the past 3 years:

1. Clemson 41-2
2. VT 23-15
3. Wake Forest 23 - 16
4. Miami 23 - 16
5. UVA 23-17
6. NC State 22-16
7. BC 20-17
8. Pitt 20-19
9. Duke 20-18
10. Syracuse 19-18
11. Louisville 18-20
12. FSU 18-20
13. Georgia Tech 15-21
14. UNC 12-24

yeesh

ACC is not good

1. Clemson 41-2
2. VT 23-15
3. Wake Forest 23 - 16
4. Miami 23 - 16
5. UVA 23-17
6. NC State 22-16
7. BC 20-17
8. Pitt 20-19
9. Duke 20-18
10. Syracuse 19-18
11. Louisville 18-20
12. FSU 18-20
13. Georgia Tech 15-21
14. UNC 12-24

Interesting. Got the ACC conference games only records handy too?

Interesting. Got the ACC conference games only records handy too?

Clemson 23-1
Miami (FL) 15-9
Virginia Tech 14-10
Virginia 13-11
Pitt 13-11
Boston College 12-12
North Carolina State 12-12
Wake Forest 11-13
Georgia Tech 11-13
Florida State 10-14
Syracuse 10-14
Louisville 9-15
Duke 9-15
North Carolina 6-18

Clemson 23-1
Miami (FL) 15-9
Virginia Tech 14-10
Virginia 13-11
Pitt 13-11
Boston College 12-12
North Carolina State 12-12
Wake Forest 11-13
Georgia Tech 11-13
Florida State 10-14
Syracuse 10-14
Louisville 9-15
Duke 9-15
North Carolina 6-18

Looks like Clemson and then everyone else with a slim margin of error from being in the 2nd tier and the third tier and fluidity between teams moving back and forth between tiers 2 and 3 in any given year.

I haven't seen a single thing from Bowers that makes me hope he returns

Did we have any hint from Hinton that he would this time last year? I don't remember so. I don't think that is unusual. Newman's tweet and Clawson's announcement are what are unusual. He's entering the transfer portal and not coming back period.

Did we have any hint from Hinton that he would this time last year? I don't remember so. I don't think that is unusual. Newman's tweet and Clawson's announcement are what are unusual. He's entering the transfer portal and not coming back period.

I meant from a production standpoint

I don't think he's any good

Truist name will certainly take some getting used to but people will get used to it. The important thing is it’s easy revenue for our program so that’s what I care about.

I don't agree with this. Kerns will be fine.

The question for me is: Will Bowers pull his name out of the transfer portal and will Griffs be on campus in January. Those are the two key factors in QB depth IMO

Answers: Maybe(QB3, I hope so) and Yes Mitch will

Yep. Good arm, quick feet and better runner than most would think.
I’d love for him to put on 15-20 lbs.

If things go well for Wake next season, I would like to see him spend his time on classroom, buffet line, weight room. Play in four Wake blowout wins.

Because I can't edit the above,

I would like to see him get one or two series in an early game so he gets first hand feel for the speed of the game at this level. Take my chances on needing QB3 for mire than three games because of injuries to both QB1 and QB2.

Back