• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest football 2020 outlook

Our nonconference schedule is not filled with patsies next year. I still hope that Kerns gets at least one series against each of them, including Notre Dame, and hopefully a full quarter against ODU and Villanova. Hopefully, not all of our games will be one score leads so that he gets plenty of chance to play, but our schedule is meaningfully harder next year.

Last edited:
Our nonconference schedule is not filled with patsies next year. I still hope that Kerns gets at least one series against each of them, including Notre Dame, and hopefully a full quarter against ODU and Villanova. Hopefully, not all of our games will be one score leads so that he gets plenty of chance to play, but our schedule is meaningfully harder next year.

Btw, we all know it is Kern and not Kerns?

I thought it was a one-off but this has been going on for days.

Btw, we all know it is Kern and not Kerns?

I thought it was a one-off but this has been going on for days.

Probably confusion with Kyle Kearns, the QB from a few years back.

Kern will be fine next year. Next year is not the time to hit the buffet line. It's now until August. I would say the weight room more than the buffet line though.

Kern will be fine next year. Next year is not the time to hit the buffet line. It's now until August. I would say the weight room more than the buffet line though.

I was speaking about Griffis spending this spring and early summer working the buffet line, the weight room and the classroom.

Last edited:
I was speaking about Grifis spending this spring and early summer working the buffet line, the weight room and the classroom.

OK, but you responded to a post that showed a Youtube of Kern. BTW, it's Griffis.

OK, but you responded to a post that showed a Youtube of Kern. BTW, it's Griffis.

Oops missed that. thought we were in the midst of QB3 discussion, and with the Bowers tweet, Griffis appears to be QB3 for next year.

PFF rated our offensive line 68th in the country this past year and we are losing our top graded lineman in Herron. That has to get better next season. Ranked 100th in the nation in run blocking.

PFF rated our offensive line 68th in the country this past year and we are losing our top graded lineman in Herron. That has to get better next season. Ranked 100th in the nation in run blocking.

To be fair, they didn’t know if anybody was going to run, who would run, or where.

I am really concerned about our OL play next season as it is really up in the air. Even if we come up with a passable OL, depth will be a big issue there.

I am really concerned about our OL play next season as it is really up in the air. Even if we come up with a passable OL, depth will be a big issue there.

There is a non-trivial likelihood that there are 10 guys who are all around meh, with no standouts. Wake has had it pretty good with Haynes, Anderson and Herron.

ETA: Hope I am wrong and some guys really step up.

Would be ironic to get a bowl game with UGA.

I think this dramatically increase our odds of getting picked to a Tier 1 bowl game against UGA if possible.

Wake most likely will not be playing football on BB&T field next season.

It is official that the Atlanta Braves will be playing in Truist Park.

Look for Wake to be playing on "Truist Field" soon.

Anyone know when the schedule will be released? Last year I believe it was mid-January.

Last year, January 16 was the ACC schedule release date. So, would hope schedules will be out by tomorrow or Friday.

Reminds me of my truist with a girl in high school who became a stripper at the Gold Club in Atl.

Back