• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest football 2020 outlook

Disagree. Think the defense will be far better than last year (this should be Clawson's best defense), and think the OL is underrated. Zach Tom will play in the NFL, and C Mike Jurgens is going to be solid. Agree that the OL will miss Davis, but every team is going to have some losses. Really like Walker at RB, and think Hartman is real deal. As afar as the receivers go, I trust Clawson's recruiting. Over the 2 years, Clawson has put 4 receivers in the NFL (counting Surratt). Just because the current starters haven't played a lot does not mean they can't play. Look out for Taylor Morin. He will make plays.
Welp

We expecting to get Rondell Bothroyd back? I think he could be really good for us.

Also, I really hope we move Masterson to Rover/LB and put some more speed at safety.

We expecting to get Rondell Bothroyd back? I think he could be really good for us.

Also, I really hope we move Masterson to Rover/LB and put some more speed at safety.

I had heard maybe this weekend, but if I wouldn't be surprised if they don't hold him out until Campbell. Give him an extra 2 weeks and against an opponent he hopefully wouldn't have to play a lot of snaps against.

A few WF football updates:

- WF actually has an ACC football game this weekend: Saturday October 17 UVA at WF 4 pm on the ACC Network
- Deacs are 3 point dogs; total is 64
- UVA's starting QB Brennan Armstrong was inured against NC State last Saturday; Backup QB Lindell Stone played the entire 2nd half for State; Stone is not much of running threat, but he threw the ball 54 times last week despite playing less than 2 1/2 quarters
- WF also hosts VT on October 27: 3:30 kickoff RSN TV

A few WF football updates:

- WF actually has an ACC football game this weekend: Saturday October 17 UVA at WF 4 pm on the ACC Network
- Deacs are 3 point dogs; total is 64
- UVA's starting QB Brennan Armstrong was inured against NC State last Saturday; Backup QB Lindell Stone played the entire 2nd half for State; Stone is not much of running threat, but he threw the ball 54 times last week despite playing less than 2 1/2 quarters
- WF also hosts VT on October 27: 3:30 kickoff RSN TV

Sounds like Wake secondary will be very, very busy. Guys up front gonna need to put a lot of pressure on him.

I guess this is where losing my RSN on YTTV is going to bite me.

Beware of dreaded Heisman career day by a backup QB...

Beware of dreaded Heisman career day by a backup QB...

Stone looks like a punter or kicker, wears #36 and doesn’t look like he’s as “conditioned” as the other players, but he played pretty well against State after he had to come in. Never judge a book by its cover. Hopefully Boogie gets in his face frequently.

Stone looks like a punter or kicker, wears #36 and doesn’t look like he’s as “conditioned” as the other players, but he played pretty well against State after he had to come in. Never judge a book by its cover. Hopefully Boogie gets in his face frequently.

Throws an almost sidearm fat awkward ball. Their big receivers bailed him out. Another pick six coming into pressure of 4 sacks. Book the W.

Armstrong in concussion protocol. May be cleared to play per Bronco...

Not sure what's going on with the numbers for VA's QBs as not only is the projected starter, Lindell Stone, #36, but the 2nd string QB Iraken Armstead is #98 and their 3rd string QB is #90 -- Keyaton Thompson. Goofy.

Some other UVA tidbits:

- Last week, UVA faked a punt as their punter threw a 26 yard pass for first down against State
- NC State also blocked a punt against UVA
- UVA was 4 for 18 on 3rd down against State
- UVA threw the ball 64 times last week, but averaged only 5 yards per attempt
- UVA has some tall receivers: true frosh WR Lavel Davis is 6-7 as is TE Tony Paljen
- 2 different UVA QBs have caught passes this year: Keytaon Thompson and Iraken Armstead

I predict 2 trick plays during the game....oh, just to clarify, both by UVa....also, note way more creative O by UVa....I know, I know...filling up a horse carcus with a full clip....

Last edited:
Back