• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest football 2020 outlook

Numbers serve a purpose. Giving QBs unconventional numbers should be illegal.

haven't seen this posted anywhere:

Numbers serve a purpose. Giving QBs unconventional numbers should be illegal.

It is in the NFL. QB's get 1-19. Receivers 11-19 and 80-89. Running backs 20-49. All other numbers are for players who are not handling the ball. Interestingly, NFL dB's cannot have numbers in the same ranges as ends.

College requirements are much less prescriptive.

Wake will just have to pretend UVA is in wildcat every play if the UVA QB is wearing 36.

Even in high school I had to give up my number because I started playing fullback in addition to linebacker.

Even in high school I had to give up my number because I started playing fullback in addition to linebacker.

Well, once you started playing in an eligible receiver, you either had to get the new number or report eligible every plsy.

Stone looks like a punter or kicker, wears #36 and doesn’t look like he’s as “conditioned” as the other players, but he played pretty well against State after he had to come in. Never judge a book by its cover. Hopefully Boogie gets in his face frequently.

Return of Sonny J?

Stone looks like a punter or kicker, wears #36 and doesn’t look like he’s as “conditioned” as the other players, but he played pretty well against State after he had to come in. Never judge a book by its cover. Hopefully Boogie flattens him frequently.

Fixed it for you.

It is in the NFL. QB's get 1-19. Receivers 11-19 and 80-89. Running backs 20-49. All other numbers are for players who are not handling the ball. Interestingly, NFL dB's cannot have numbers in the same ranges as ends.

College requirements are much less prescriptive.

Wake will just have to pretend UVA is in wildcat every play if the UVA QB is wearing 36.

This was the same number system we had in high school. In addition, centers were 50s, Guards were 60s and tackles were 70s. Made it easy to understand who played what.

ESPN gave their odds today for the Holes to win each game before they play Notre Dame. The Deacs have the "best" odds of winning at 30%; FSU, NCSU, VA and Duke all fall between a 22%-28% win percentage. Any idea why the Deacs are the least-unfavored amongst the non-favored? (I think I phrased that correctly). Maybe Swahili exams are that week, which would cut down on their prep time.

ESPN gave their odds today for the Holes to win each game before they play Notre Dame. The Deacs have the "best" odds of winning at 30%; FSU, NCSU, VA and Duke all fall between a 22%-28% win percentage. Any idea why the Deacs are the least-unfavored amongst the non-favored? (I think I phrased that correctly). Maybe Swahili exams are that week, which would cut down on their prep time.

Let's just win the next few games and the odds will change

Papers must be due. Players gonna need to find those secretaries.

Just heard an interview of Sam Hartman on ESPNU radio. Very impressive. Among other things, he and other players with cars are taking team mates to vote. Apparently Sam's first presidential election.

Sam likes the early schedule the team is on. Up at 4:15 AM, breakfast, meetings, practice and done by a little after 10 AM. On to studying and film. He has a gift for gab.

Defense ..yds/play given up
Clem..4.08
Pitt..4.25
ND...4.91
Mia..5.21
UNC..5.29
NCSU..5.35
Duke.5.75
WFU..5.79
UVA.5.82
Cuse..6.00
GT..6.05
FSU...6.59

We've played Clemson and unprepared for State. We can have a top 5 defense in this league I do believe.

Defense ..yds/play given up
Clem..4.08
Pitt..4.25
ND...4.91
Mia..5.21
UNC..5.29
NCSU..5.35
Duke.5.75
WFU..5.79
UVA.5.82
Cuse..6.00
GT..6.05
FSU...6.59

We've played Clemson and unprepared for State. We can have a top 5 defense in this league I do believe.

VaTech game should help that stat some.

By the way, where is VaTech in the list?

updated from theacc.com

Defense
Total Defense
Index Team AVG/P TD AVG/G
1 Clemson 4.3 8 274.7
2 Pitt 4.4 20 297.4
3 Notre Dame 4.6 5 273.8
4 Miami 5.2 14 396.2
5 North Carolina 5.5 14 374.8
6 Boston College 5.6 20 382.7
7 NC State 5.6 23 447.5
8 Louisville 5.7 20 383.8
9 Duke 5.7 23 384.1
10 Wake Forest 5.7 15 447.8
11 Virginia 5.8 15 413.5
12 Syracuse 6.0 28 503.3
13 Virginia Tech 6.1 18 442.2
14 Georgia Tech 6.1 31 479.2
15 Florida State 7.0 27 490.5

Last edited:
When is the game time announced for Syracuse? I assume it will be a noon kick?

ETA: I see we are indeed a noon kickoff. ACC Network, so it won’t be as challenging to find the game this week.

Last edited:
Back