• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest football 2020 outlook

Based on what other than Clemson being involved? There are at least 3 games I would consider better that week.

It’s the far and away best team in the conference again a team that was decent last year. There are other games that will be closer and may be “better games”. Looking again I’ll revise my statement to say from a TV standpoint I think it’s the 1A/1B along with Duke/Notre Dame.

It’s the far and away best team in the conference again a team that was decent last year. There are other games that will be closer and may be “better games”. Looking again I’ll revise my statement to say from a TV standpoint I think it’s the 1A/1B along with Duke/Notre Dame.

It's the #1 ACC-controlled game (since Duke/ND will be on MBC), so I'd imagine it would get a decent 3:30 or 7pm slot on ABC/ESPN/espn2.

Ehh I think State/VT is probably the most marketable and will be the most competitive.

Ehh I think State/VT is probably the most marketable and will be the most competitive.

State was fucking terrible last year and VT is a draw in southwest Virginia and that’s it. What are you talking about.

State was fucking terrible last year and VT is a draw in southwest Virginia and that’s it. What are you talking about.

My initial comment was solely responding to us being the best game. Not about TV. We are probably the 4th “best” game after Duke/ND, Cuse/UNC, and VT/State. That doesn’t mean I don’t think we are the game that will get the best TV slot solely because of Clemson.

Cuse/UNC? No.

That is the biggest throwaway game on the schedule. Cuse is expected to be terrible. That game would’ve been a Mike Hogwood special at noon. WF v. Clemson is the only game among two ACC bowl teams. That is the conference game of the opening week. The LOWF attitude is worse here than among our ACC rivals.

I'm excited ODU is still on the schedule. I bought a nice parking pass for that game already lol.

I'm excited ODU is still on the schedule. I bought a nice parking pass for that game already lol.

Well the game is now in Winston-Salem instead of Norfolk so not sure how good your parking pass will be.

Seems like it was Wake more than App; the Sun Belt is playing a full 12-game schedule and they only have 8 conference, so their teams need to keep games. I saw Ethan cite something that said the league's teams losing SEC games costs something like $21 million ... so I'm sure their member schools are trying to cobble together four nonconference games the best they can.

Wake is the third game removed from App's schedule, joining Wisconsin and Morgan State.

Sounds like it was 100% Wake’s call to cancel the App game. Shitty move IMO.

https://journalnow.com/sports/colle...cle_eea70852-17b5-5705-9ce8-b0abf3a525f9.html

Cuse/UNC? No.

That is the biggest throwaway game on the schedule. Cuse is expected to be terrible. That game would’ve been a Mike Hogwood special at noon. WF v. Clemson is the only game among two ACC bowl teams. That is the conference game of the opening week. The LOWF attitude is worse here than among our ACC rivals.

POS rep for The Hog reference. “Caroliiina Kia,”

It’s the right move. Our conference schedule is BRUTAL and we only get one non conference game. We aren’t like FSU/UF or Clemson/SC and preserving a traditional rivalry. I would rather have a winnable game than satisfy the delusions of some Watauga hillbillies.

It’s the right move. Our conference schedule is BRUTAL and we only get one non conference game. We aren’t like FSU/UF or Clemson/SC and preserving a traditional rivalry. I would rather have a winnable game than satisfy the delusions of some Watauga hillbillies.

Your personal preference aside, we agreed to the game over a year ago and now are canceling it one month before it was to be played. But we value the game so much, we agreed to play it three more years. It’s a reaction to the shit schedule the ACC assigned to us. No one gives an F about the ODU game. App would have drawn tons of eyeballs on screens. Don’t schedule if you are afraid to play the game.

Your personal preference aside, we agreed to the game over a year ago and now are canceling it one month before it was to be played. But we value the game so much, we agreed to play it three more years. It’s a reaction to the shit schedule the ACC assigned to us. No one gives an F about the ODU game. App would have drawn tons of eyeballs on screens. Don’t schedule if you are afraid to play the game.

Real dumb take. Every team agreed to all their non conference games over a year ago and are now cancelling most of them.

Clearly we aren’t afraid to play them if we scheduled three more games. It’s exactly a reaction to our ACC schedule. Shit doesn’t happen in a vacuum. Smart move to bump the game back to when we can capture all those hillbilly dollars in ticket sales

Our move is monumentally less shitty than 3 ACC schools opting to spend their 1 noncon game on Liberty

Apps coach talks about "selling out stadiums " in the article. He obviously has no clue what is going on right now.

Peak LOWF

The gate/concessions for APP will be though the roof. Why waste that opportunity when we may not have any fans in the stands in October? Bump it a year, big fucking deal. Has so much more to do with the brutal ACC schedule than it has anything to do with APP. And you're fooling yourself if you think anyone outside the state of NC gives a shit about watching that game. It's the epitome of a local, smaller rivalry.

Non-conference games across the ACC:

BC - Ohio
Clemson - None Listed
Duke - Charlotte
FSU - Samford
GT - UCF
Louisville - Western Kentucky
Miami - UAB
UNC - None Listed
NC State - Liberty
Notre Dame - Western Michigan
Pitt - Miami (Ohio)
Syracuse - Liberty
UVA - VMI
VT - Liberty
Wake - ODU

Not LOWF to do what basically every single other conference member has done - schedule a winnable game.

Back