• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Neil Peart dead

Sounds like he has had a rough go of it the last few year. RIP.

Wow...never was a big Rush fan, but he could really play.

RIP

Been drumming for 42 years and I love a ton of different drummers and styles but this guy was major for me growing up and starting drums in the late 70s. RIP to one of the all time greats and someone who did it his way.

No one I can think of ever had as expansive a drum kit as Peart regularly used.

One of the best ever to grace a kit. And Geddy one of the best on bass. Alex no slouch either- very inventive player. So sad I never got to see them live. Now I really won’t.

Always appreciated Rush, but only really marveled at the abilities of those 3 together in recent years.

I don't usually join in on these RIP threads but Peart was a high ranking member of my rock god pantheon. Rock in Peace.

Saw Rush four times. Great every time I saw them but back in the 80s man they were so tight and powerful.

I’m a huge Rush fan and this breaks my heart. I’m glad he got to share so much in his life and happy I got to experience it.

I’ve never seen more Guy Fieriesque bowling shirts than I did at the Rush concert I attended

Glad I got to see them in Charlotte several years ago. Peart had a drum solo he just destroyed for like ten minutes straight, it was incredible

Another great musician and song writer we will no longer hear in person. And a somewhat unusual one. Not many drummers are prolific lyricists.

RIP.

Back