• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Tennis 2023-2024: Men #3

Women's Tennis beats #5 Princeton 4-1 to win the Blue Grey tournament. I would imagine it has been quite some time since we beat a top 5 team.

Really good win. The two remaining matches were in the 3rd set and could have gone either way. The women are looking like a top 15 team.

There is a program update call with Coach Bresky today at Noon. Call in info is on twitter. Unfortunately, I won't be able to call in or if I do, I will only be able to listen for about 10 minutes. If anyone else is on the call, I'd love to get an update on here this afternoon. Thanks in advance.

DEACS WIN! Beat OK State at their place in come from behind fashion. Down 0-3 came back to win 4-3. Botzer is a complete stud! Watched the video on line and he played amazing tennis and his tactics were impressive. The slice backhand was magic with the aggressive net play

We dropped all the way to 17 in the rankings?

Great win for the men today at perennial top 25 team OK State. Wake was down 0-3 and came back to tie it at 3-3. It all came down to Botzer at 1 singles, who forced a third set and then won it 7-5 (because that’s what Bar does).

Tough weekend for the women. They lost at #3 NC State and #10 GT.

I watched some of the OSU match, I was puzzled to see our #3 doubles both playing from the baseline when serving (no-one at the net), they looked awkward and lost serve. I did not watch the whole match, maybe they only did it a few games, and they almost did win but I wonder if that was a typical strategy for the Deacs in doubles. Botzer really showed some character in the final games of his match.

I watched some of the OSU match, I was puzzled to see our #3 doubles both playing from the baseline when serving (no-one at the net), they looked awkward and lost serve. I did not watch the whole match, maybe they only did it a few games, and they almost did win but I wonder if that was a typical strategy for the Deacs in doubles. Botzer really showed some character in the final games of his match.

I didn't see that match, but I wonder if Rrezi was serving? If so, his serve is not a strength, and I could see them going 2 back. Actually, his volleys also are not a strength (he's a baseliner), so I could see them going 2 back a lot. I've thought for a while that Sid and Bar at 3 would be a great team, and then Rrezi could play 6 singles.

I think it was the very first game, Bar was serving. it was awkward, Bar would serve, then gradually come in while Rrezi stayed back, very out of sync. It may have just been the very first few games and perhaps they changed up, I did not see the end of the doubles.

I was surprised to see Rrezi playing dubs but thought maybe it was to get him ready for singles as he hadn't played a competitive/dual match in a while. For all I know, Sid was sick or injured. Rrezi is a much better outdoor player as he can grind for days. We've got 7 guys that can play in the lineup outdoors. Hate to see the Fr get worked like they did, but they will bounce back. Taha was coming straight from playing 2 indoor challengers.

I was surprised to see Rrezi playing dubs but thought maybe it was to get him ready for singles as he hadn't played a competitive/dual match in a while. For all I know, Sid was sick or injured. Rrezi is a much better outdoor player as he can grind for days. We've got 7 guys that can play in the lineup outdoors. Hate to see the Fr get worked like they did, but they will bounce back. Taha was coming straight from playing 2 indoor challengers.

I was surprised to see Rrezi there too. I agree that Rrezi is tougher outdoors - he'll hang out well behind the baseline and grind for hours. I really think Sid would make a great 3 doubles player.

Thanks. I watched some from your link - saw we had 3 points but missed the final.

Is Sid injured or what?

Good question, as he didn't play in either match last night (Deacs beat UNCG in the second match).

The men are heading out west this weekend to play Arizona State and #1 USC. The women are at home against #1 UNC Sunday at noon.

Back