• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Tennis 2023-2024: Men #3

Boltzer is turning 27? Really? To give a little perspective, Noah Rubin last played for WF in 2015, and he is 24 (and closer to the end of his tennis career). Hard to believe that a 27 year-old Boltzer could have the option of playing college tennis.

How good was our team in 2018? Botzer played 4 singles as a 24 year old freshman.

Hard to really put in perspective how good of a lineup Gojo, Petros, Skan, and Botz at 1-4 with Seraphim at 5 or 6, who really wasn't 100% healthy, but without him we dont get by TAMU.

without botz, and everyone else healthy, i expected to see Squire, Taha, and Melios as locks for the lineup with Nava, Sid, Cungu, Taccini battling for the next 3. Looks like Nava is in there for sure. Rezi has looked unbeatable at 6. Haven't seen Taccini yet, and Melios, unfortunately, hasn't played well. SUper curious to see the lineup TB rolls out tomorrow.

Boltzer is turning 27? Really? To give a little perspective, Noah Rubin last played for WF in 2015, and he is 24 (and closer to the end of his tennis career). Hard to believe that a 27 year-old Boltzer could have the option of playing college tennis.

He had to do the mandatory military service thing so he was way past college age when he entered the program.

Hard to really put in perspective how good of a lineup Gojo, Petros, Skan, and Botz at 1-4 with Seraphim at 5 or 6, who really wasn't 100% healthy, but without him we dont get by TAMU.

without botz, and everyone else healthy, i expected to see Squire, Taha, and Melios as locks for the lineup with Nava, Sid, Cungu, Taccini battling for the next 3. Looks like Nava is in there for sure. Rezi has looked unbeatable at 6. Haven't seen Taccini yet, and Melios, unfortunately, hasn't played well. SUper curious to see the lineup TB rolls out tomorrow.

I wonder what is up with Melios? He has not played well this year. Hopefully he can turn that around. Rezi is made for 6 singles, outdoors.

I wonder what is up with Melios? He has not played well this year. Hopefully he can turn that around. Rezi is made for 6 singles, outdoors.

Does anyone know if Botzer is gonna grad transfer play somewhere else?

You may know this, but you don’t have to grad transfer in tennis to be immediately eligible.

Deacs lost 2-5 at #7 UVA. Wake won the doubles, which is rare for us, and Rezi won at 6. Moroni didn’t play. Squire lost in 3 at 1 singles, and everything else was straight sets.

Baadi and Nava both had chances to win their 2nd sets and arguably should have.

Baadi and Nava both had chances to win their 2nd sets and arguably should have.

Yep, I think both were up a break in the second set. Hopefully both will continue to improve and play better outdoors. I watched the end of Baadi's match - his opponent looked pretty obnoxious and made a terrible call on a clean winner by Baadi at 5 all in the tiebreak. Wake listed Moroni and Ambrozy in the singles line-up, but then went with Maciag and Rezi.

The women lost at Furman today. Pretty bad loss for Wake - Furman was 2-4 coming into the match, though they had played a tough schedule and lost some close matches to good teams (Auburn, Duke, TN) and had just beat Alabama. The Wake women look like they are still missing 1-2 players.

was gonna say wtf but according to uva's press release he's getting his MBA which we don't have (let alone at the prestige of darden):

“Our team is beyond excited to welcome Bar to UVA next fall,” said Pedroso. “Bar brings a wealth of experience and leadership to our team, as well as being one of the best players in college tennis over the last two years. I know Bar is ecstatic about starting his experience at Darden and I am looking forward to him applying a lot of what he learns at our prestigious business school to our overall team culture and the development of our student-athletes and coaches.”

That’s pretty fucked.

Congrats to Bar gets wake degree and uva Mba from Darden. Way to parlay degrees for free. What is troublesome is how athletes can just transfer to rival schools.

I guess I assumed he'd try to play professionally after college but didn't realize he was already that old

I guess I assumed he'd try to play professionally after college but didn't realize he was already that old

He already has. He played a full schedule of futures and challengers for several years before coming to Wake. He even played a couple of Davis Cup ties for Israel.

I'd be shocked if there wasn't more to this story than "I want to get an MBA from Darden."

Back