• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Tennis 2023-2024: Men #3

Nice win last night. Did anyone else have difficulty watching? It just kept saying the "livestream has ended" for me, so I just had the live stats. Hopefully it will be fixed for tonight.

Nice win last night. Did anyone else have difficulty watching? It just kept saying the "livestream has ended" for me, so I just had the live stats. Hopefully it will be fixed for tonight.

I couldn’t get the livestream last night or tonight. Anyone with any luck?

I couldn’t get the livestream last night or tonight. Anyone with any luck?

Never mind, I just got it to work from a link pinned at the top of the Wake tennis Twitter.

Looking like it is coming down to 4 3rd sets and we need 2 of them.

Lost it 3-4. Nava got broken on a deciding point. Super impressive fight against Ohio State, who has been the most impressive team so far this year and are ranked #1.

The women with a decisive 7-0 at Clemson. It was the first win for the Wake women at Clemson since 2002.

The men will play #3 Florida at 4:30 today.

Why do we seem to struggle so bad in doubles compared to the other top teams.

It puts alot of pressure on your team when you constantly have to go 4-2 to win matches.

Why do we seem to struggle so bad in doubles compared to the other top teams.

It puts alot of pressure on your team when you constantly have to go 4-2 to win matches.

The men’s team really struggled last year in doubles but they didn’t the year before. We’ve had recent national championships in doubles. I think it is mostly due to the skill sets of our current top players - for example, Gojo was not particularly good in doubles.

UNC beat Florida 4-0 they might just be that much better this year.

UNC beat Florida 4-0 they might just be that much better this year.

A few thoughts on this... 1) UNC is good; 2) the 4:3 battle Saturday night between Wake and Ohio State took a lot out of both teams - they both looked fatigued on Sunday; 3) with the top several teams (including UNC and Wake), all that matters regarding the NCAA championship is how they are playing when the tournament rolls around. I've been saying this for several years now (remember a few years back when Wake lost to NC State?), but the Wake men are now at the point where a loss here or there doesn't have a lot of meaning - all that matters is how we are playing in May. Two years ago we lost to Florida in the regular season, but we won the NCAA championship.

The women are in a tournament right now in which they are playing singles first and then doubles if it's 3-3. Haven't seen that format before.. Has anyone?
BTW we beat SMU earlier and now get Auburn.

And in this match they did play doubles (as did the other match going on). Huh!

Lady Deacs beat #31 Auburn 4-1 and are playing #5 Princeton in the finals of the Blue Gray.

Pretty close to wrapping up the doubles point.

Women's Tennis beats #5 Princeton 4-1 to win the Blue Grey tournament. I would imagine it has been quite some time since we beat a top 5 team.

Back