Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Wake Forest Tennis 2021 - Men Home v #2 Baylor on Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDeacon92 View Post
    I hope so. Does this loss eliminate us from the Indoor Championship?
    It does. Weíll play a consolation match today at 11 am, but we wonít make national indoors this year (first time in a long time).

The indoor format is different this year because of covid - only 8 teams make it instead of 16. With the standard format we would have hosted the first two rounds instead of going to TCU.

Beat Denver 4-2 and And the ladies beat number 18 ucf 4 3 In the 1st round of the indoor nationals at NC State. I believe they are short handed too.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL68 View Post
    Beat Denver 4-2 and And the ladies beat number 18 ucf 4 3 In the 1st round of the indoor nationals at NC State. I believe they are short handed too.
    Yes, the women are missing C Campana and Omirou, two of their best players.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafi View Post
    Yes, the women are missing C Campana and Omirou, two of their best players.
    and now dont have to play a top 10 team as NC State was upset in a 4-3 that really wasn't all that close

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL68 View Post
    Botzer not playing this year? Whatís the deal ?

The women lost a close match to Tennessee today. Wake still appears to be without their top 2 players.

The men won a close one against #20 South Carolina. Squire was back and played and won at 1 singles - strong match for him. Baadi still not back. Freshman Moroni from Italy played 4 singles.

I thought from the thread title that we beat Southern Cal.
    Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekin View Post
    I thought from the thread title that we beat Southern Cal.
    Oh well.
    Where is Botzer?

Quote Originally Posted by jimjenkdeac View Post
    Where is Botzer?
    Heís off the team. Itís not clear why or if he will come back next year.

The Wake men beat Davidson 7-0 in the second match today. In their last 63 home matches the men are 62-1. Not bad.

Botzer is still listed on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Ian Dempster was listed the entire season AFTER his grad transfer season. I wouldn't make much of the roster on the official site.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafi View Post
    Ian Dempster was listed the entire season AFTER his grad transfer season. I wouldn't make much of the roster on the official site.
    So you're saying that the official tennis roster is a bit of a Dempster fire?...

Quote Originally Posted by Neurodeac View Post
    So you're saying that the official tennis roster is a bit of a Dempster fire?...
    +1

Rafi,
    Any word on when we will see Taha or Lucciano? I assume they have either been injured or clearing Covid protocols. Heard definitively yesterday that Bar was no longer on team. doubtful we will ever see him at wake again.

Sucks to lose a player with Botzerís talent and experience but heís turning 27 in a few weeks so I get it.

Wake Forest Tennis 2021 - Men Beat #20 USC

Quote Originally Posted by IMissRandolph View Post
    Rafi,
    Any word on when we will see Taha or Lucciano? I assume they have either been injured or clearing Covid protocols. Heard definitively yesterday that Bar was no longer on team. doubtful we will ever see him at wake again.
    I haven't heard. Taha is certainly a top 6 player when healthy. Lucciano may be top 6, but that's much more of a question. The #14 Wake men play at #7 UVA on Saturday.
    Last edited by Rafi; 02-05-2021 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WRS View Post
    Sucks to lose a player with Botzerís talent and experience but heís turning 27 in a few weeks so I get it.
    Boltzer is turning 27? Really? To give a little perspective, Noah Rubin last played for WF in 2015, and he is 24 (and closer to the end of his tennis career). Hard to believe that a 27 year-old Boltzer could have the option of playing college tennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    He's now off the roster.