• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Tennis 2023-2024: Men #3

The men beat Louisville 4-1. We lost the doubles (what's new?) but then won 5 of 6 singles first sets, with a few bagels in there. The second sets were closer, but we won 4-1. Moroni was up a set and on serve, and Nava was down a set and on serve.

The men have now won 23 straight ACC matches and we are 67-1 at home in the last 4 years. Despite losing our #1 singles players, the men's tennis team remains our most dominant sports program, hands-down (followed by women's golf and men's soccer).

The men finished the weekend by beating UNCW 7-0. Great weekend for the men.

I expect Baadi, Nava, Moroni, Mel, and Rezi to be even better outdoors. Sid, Maciag, Ambrozy, and others provide the Deacs great depth.

The men finished the weekend by beating UNCW 7-0. Great weekend for the men.

I expect Baadi, Nava, Moroni, Mel, and Rezi to be even better outdoors. Sid, Maciag, Ambrozy, and others provide the Deacs great depth.

I think it's pretty clear that UNC is the best team in the conference and the country. Right now UVA is sitting pretty at 2 in the conference. I think we can give UVA a run. NCSU is also right there but I think we should be just a notch above them once we get rolling outside.

I think it's pretty clear that UNC is the best team in the conference and the country. Right now UVA is sitting pretty at 2 in the conference. I think we can give UVA a run. NCSU is also right there but I think we should be just a notch above them once we get rolling outside.

Unfortunately, you're right. Blumberg staying for 5 years has been huge for them. They don't have much after their top 6 though, and the season is long.

How weird will it be for the Wake team to face Botzer in UVA colors, and vice versa?

Unfortunately, you're right. Blumberg staying for 5 years has been huge for them. They don't have much after their top 6 though, and the season is long.

Holy shit that guy is still there? Smh

The men host VT today at 3 pm. VT has a decent team - similar to ND and Louisville. The men host #2 Baylor on Thursday.

The women are at FSU on Sunday.

Solid win over VT. During our dominant run of the pst several years we’ve had some close matches with VT, so it’s good to get that victory.

I was impressed with Banthia/Thompson in doubles and Mel in singles. Rezi won it for the Deacs with an ace on the deciding point at 5-4.

Sunday @ 1:00 pm Huge ACC Home Match with UVA, and Fans are approved for WFU Tennis Outdoors !
Good Forecast: Cloudy, 71 degrees,wind 15 mph

WFU (11-2, 3-0 ACC) # 13 Nat'l
vs.
UVA (8-2, 2-0 ACC) # 4 Nat'l
---------------------
Wake Forest Men's Tennis has a 24 Match ACC win streak, 70-1 home record since 2017, 37-0 at home in past 3 yrs
----------------------
* Come out & support Deacs!

Sunday @ 1:00 pm Huge ACC Home Match with UVA, and Fans are approved for WFU Tennis Outdoors !
Good Forecast: Cloudy, 71 degrees,wind 15 mph

WFU (11-2, 3-0 ACC) # 13 Nat'l
vs.
UVA (8-2, 2-0 ACC) # 4 Nat'l
---------------------
Wake Forest Men's Tennis has a 24 Match ACC win streak, 70-1 home record since 2017, 37-0 at home in past 3 yrs
----------------------
* Come out & support Deacs!

Oh, that’s huge! Thanks for posting!

Due to the covid protocol, the
WFU vs. UVA outdoor tennis match Sunday will be limited to 75 fans (so those present will have to be loud).

For entry to match, Interested Fans need to have their name included on a pass list at the entrance gate to outside tennis courts. If you want to go to the match Sunday and you're name is not already on the list, please advise & will help you. GoDeacs!

You could try calling the WFU Tennis Center front desk @ 336-758-5634, open today until 5:00 pm, Sunday at 12:00 noon.

No live stream today unfortunately, and thus far no twitter updates or live scoring, so if anyone is there and wouldn’t mind tweeting or posting updates here that would be greatly appreciated. I am hoping things are just delayed a bit and they haven’t started yet. Thanks!

Tennis getting dubbed by UVA. Rough day for Wake sports.

No live stream today unfortunately, and thus far no twitter updates or live scoring, so if anyone is there and wouldn’t mind tweeting or posting updates here that would be greatly appreciated. I am hoping things are just delayed a bit and they haven’t started yet. Thanks!

Sorry, didn’t look at this during the match or I would have provided updates. Here’s my take:

1 dubs - lost a lot of deuce points and lost 1-6
2 dubs - Banthia Thompson played well and were at 5-5
3 dubs - Mel and Baadi, match had lots of breaks, lost 4-6

Squire started off 2-0 but lost a pretty routine 3, 4
Nava and Baadi lost pretty routine 3, 3 matches
Mel won a third set breaker at 4 and Rezi did the same at 6
Moroni lost 6-7, 1-6

I think Wake could beat UVA, but in general UVA is better. ACC probably goes UNC, UVA, Wake, but Wake does have a much deeper team than UNC and UVA if any injuries occur.

Sorry, didn’t look at this during the match or I would have provided updates. Here’s my take:

1 dubs - lost a lot of deuce points and lost 1-6
2 dubs - Banthia Thompson played well and were at 5-5
3 dubs - Mel and Baadi, match had lots of breaks, lost 4-6

Squire started off 2-0 but lost a pretty routine 3, 4
Nava and Baadi lost pretty routine 3, 3 matches
Mel won a third set breaker at 4 and Rezi did the same at 6
Moroni lost 6-7, 1-6

I think Wake could beat UVA, but in general UVA is better. ACC probably goes UNC, UVA, Wake, but Wake does have a much deeper team than UNC and UVA if any injuries occur.

Just out of curiosity, did Botzer play for VA?

With no live streaming or scoring, hard for me to comment on match too much. I will say i think it's pretty poor form that we didn't have live streaming or scoring for a 4 v 13 match. We'd known for several days that we would be trying to play the match outdoors. Oh well, stuff happens. From the looks of it, we are going to need to win the dubs point to beat UVA in the future. I don't see Squire winning at 1. I don't see #2 winning. I think Taha or Nava could have a chance at 3, but 4-6 is where we need to win against them. Melios appears to be playing much better and should win a lot at 4 or 5, and Cungu has been deadly at 6. Tough matchup for moroni yesterday but who knows what happens if he wins the 1st set.

Back