• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Tennis 2023-2024: #6 Men Beat #16 NC State

Great win by Wake in the round of 16 national indoors against UGA. Lost doubles but singles at 2, 3, 4, and 6. Filo clinched it again - coming back from down a break in the third. Wake now gets Ohio State, again. Jurabek keeps improving, which is key.

Wake lost to tOSU 4-0 yesterday and beat Texas today leading 4-2 to go 2-1.

A really good win for the Wake men today vs Texas. We lost the doubles point and three first sets in singles, but we came back to win the 3-6 singles matches. Karimov won the second set against one of the higher ranked UTR players in college tennis, and Filo came back from a 1-6 first set to win in 3 sets against the #2 UTR player in college tennis.

The women went 2-0 this weekend, beating a solid Furman team.

Really impressed with the guys yesterday. Didn't watch dubs, only live scoring, but it appeared pretty meek, and I wasn't going to be surprised if we got waxed in singles but Jake, Nava, and Taha came out swinging. Mel could have easily been in a different match as well. Some of those overrules were terrible. We've gotta figure out dubs, but this team is resilient. I'm still curious how we are going to use Cungu outdoors.

Really impressed with the guys yesterday. Didn't watch dubs, only live scoring, but it appeared pretty meek, and I wasn't going to be surprised if we got waxed in singles but Jake, Nava, and Taha came out swinging. Mel could have easily been in a different match as well. Some of those overrules were terrible. We've gotta figure out dubs, but this team is resilient. I'm still curious how we are going to use Cungu outdoors.

Schnaitter serves and volleys a lot. I like his game and his results are excellent, but I wonder if he will be less effective outdoors, so maybe Rezi takes a spot and everyone moves down so Schnaitter is out?

Schnaitter serves and volleys a lot. I like his game and his results are excellent, but I wonder if he will be less effective outdoors, so maybe Rezi takes a spot and everyone moves down so Schnaitter is out?

That's a possibility, and not one I had thought of because his results have been so good. The ACC is definitely a little down right now, so we'll have some chances to play around with some lineups. NCSU on March 10, which could very easily still be inside will be tough. At UVA in late March will probably be for the regular season title, and then a home match in April against a good, but not great UNC team will be the 3rd test in my opinion. I'd throw Karimov back up at 1, Melios at 2, Nava at 3, Moroni at 4, Cungu at 5 (outdoors only), and then Schnaitter at 6 with Taha up next.

Women's Tennis is ranked #18 in the first computer poll which is as high as we have been in several years. Beat #24 texas tech today in a tourney in alabama and play #10 Ok State in finals today.

The Wake men have been solid as a team lately. We are 21-4 and 4-0 in the ACC. We do not play again until March 25th, when we'll have 4 straight ACC road matches.

The Wake women have come "oh so close" several times this year. We lost 3-4 to #14 Miami and at #2 NC State. The women also have 4 straight away ACC matches starting March 18th.

March 27 at UVA should decide the ACC regular season champ. UNC at home in mid-April could also be tough, but I think we win that one for sure.

March 27 at UVA should decide the ACC regular season champ. UNC at home in mid-April could also be tough, but I think we win that one for sure.
Mens’ tennis continues to win despite having apparent injury issues. Have several home matches to finish up the season. Hopefully they will have good support from students and the locals. Really good team that has played very difficult schedule

Mens’ tennis continues to win despite having apparent injury issues. Have several home matches to finish up the season. Hopefully they will have good support from students and the locals. Really good team that has played very difficult schedule

Tough 3-4 loss for the women to #14 Duke today.

The Wake men's program is on an elite level and has been for years under Bresky. Depth is paying off this year, as we are still winning without Karimov and Moroni playing recent matches.

our matches vs. UNC and Duke in 2 weeks will be tough tests, especially if Filo and Vinny are still out. Karimov played some dubs so my guess is we are just resting the shoulder. Not sure about Filo. He was on camera in street clothes are UVA and and didn't see a noticeable injury. Duke beat UNC so they would finish 3rd if we win both of those. I still think UNC is the better of the two and thus I'd prefer avoiding them in the tourney.

The #24 Wake women beat ND and Louisville this weekend to finish the regular season 15-9 and in 7th place in the ACC. The ACC tournament starts on Wednesday.

The #8 Wake men beat #18 UNC and #19 Duke this weekend. Wake has now won 18 straight matches against Big 4 teams in the regular season. Wake is 30-5 on the year and 23-0 at home. The Wake men are 101-4 at home since 2016 - can you name the 4 losses?

The #24 Wake women beat ND and Louisville this weekend to finish the regular season 15-9 and in 7th place in the ACC. The ACC tournament starts on Wednesday.

The #8 Wake men beat #18 UNC and #19 Duke this weekend. Wake has now won 18 straight matches against Big 4 teams in the regular season. Wake is 30-5 on the year and 23-0 at home. The Wake men are 101-4 at home since 2016 - can you name the 4 losses?

101-4 is great.
I can’t name the 4 losses, but I’ll bet $10 that you can.

101-4 is great.
I can’t name the 4 losses, but I’ll bet $10 that you can.

I remembered 3 of them, and as I started to look for the 4th it came to me who it was (hint - it was in the NCAA tournament). I only remember one of the losses well (because it was really unexpected at the time).

I don't think they were at home, but I remember recent losses to Texas and Ohio State and Baylor because I almost went to each of them.

I'm going to guess Carolina, Virginia, and then some other big school like Georgia or Oklahoma

Back