• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Tennis 2023-2024: Men #3

Looking like an L. Seems like our women's tennis program could have better capitalized on the facilities upgrade. 4-0 loss.

Last edited:
Won dubs but lost five of six first sets to Kentucky going to have to Rally here to get three more

pretty sweet deal for Kentucky getting to play us on their courts.

2 all three matches in third set whoever wins two out of three wins match

Currently in a lightning delay. Deacs are fighting but we’re in major trouble; it’s 2-2 and we are down 0-5 and 2-4 in two third sets.

Delay could last for awhile. Not raining but the courts are soaked. Match tied 2-2. Doubles and Cunga scored points. Karimov and Banthia lost. Efstathiou down 5-1 in the third set. Nava down 4-2 in the third set. Schnaitter down 2-1 in the third set.

Lost 4-2. Team got about as far as they could with such a weak top of the lineup. We need those top players we have the depth

Last edited:
Deacs lost 2-4. UK is really strong this year, but not quite as good as Florida (who I think will win it all, though uva will give them a battle).

Wake had a solid year but was missing that strong #1 singles player.

Looks like most our guys are seniors. What’s the status of recruits for next year?

Deacs lost 2-4. UK is really strong this year, but not quite as good as Florida (who I think will win it all, though uva will give them a battle).

I thought we had a chance to win today, but frankly with a healthy lineup we are right at top 6-8, and with any injuries, we are probably top 10 at best. This season came down to 3 things:

1. Karimov didn’t prove to be a legit 1 unfortunately
2. Filo getting hurt - he was pretty solid at 4, which would have slid everyone down
3. Taha - not sure if there is an injury there, but he was doing well at 2/3 the last two years and this year couldn’t crack the lineup

We will for sure lose Sid, Rezi, Jakob and Nava from top 6. Ben from dubs. Melios has a choice to come back for 5th if he wants it, and I think they were expecting Karimov to get another year, but that’s a bunch of spots to replace and still maintain the same form of Tony’s tenure.

Karimov, Melios, Filo, and Taha at best.

Borna Gojo qualified for the French open

Taha just announced he is transferring to Kentucky. Roster looking real slim now.

Kentucky into the finals against UVA and Bar Botzer.

UVA romps UK, somewhat surprisingly. Botzer played big in the last two matches. They dropped him to 6 and he rolled. 2 natty's for him.

I see that Filo and Nava are playing in singles champs today. I find it hard to believe that Filo is healthy enough to play today, but wasn't a week ago against Kentucky.

We have some serious, serious roster construction to do this summer if we want to be competitive at all next year.

Is it just me or is it there concerns about the momentum of the men's tennis program?

Back