• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Tennis 2023-2024: Men #3

With no live streaming or scoring, hard for me to comment on match too much. I will say i think it's pretty poor form that we didn't have live streaming or scoring for a 4 v 13 match. We'd known for several days that we would be trying to play the match outdoors.

Completely agree. No streaming and no scoring was terrible. The indoor Playsight live streams have been excellent. They need to fix things before we play #2 Baylor on Thursday.

From the looks of it, we are going to need to win the dubs point to beat UVA in the future. I don't see Squire winning at 1. I don't see #2 winning. I think Taha or Nava could have a chance at 3, but 4-6 is where we need to win against them. Melios appears to be playing much better and should win a lot at 4 or 5, and Cungu has been deadly at 6. Tough matchup for moroni yesterday but who knows what happens if he wins the 1st set.

Good analyses. I think Squire could potentially beat Sunderland - he gave him a 6-0 set in their first match. Squire hits so big that when he gets hot he can beat anyone. Melios looked good at the beginning of the match, but as the match wore on both players looked more shaky. Melios had some second serves on the deuce side that were 10 feet long. He also didn't trust his forehand as much as the match went on. However, he is also playing a lot better than he was, and he has a lot of room for improvement. He's very mentally tough, too.

#2 Baylor at home today, presumably outside. Fingers crossed there is streaming. We are definitely underdogs, but I think we've got a better shot today than on Sunday vs. UVA. Dubs point will be a toss up as most are. We will definitely need #1. In singles, Boitan is a huge hitter which should play well for Squire. #2 singles vs. Soto will be tough, but I think Taha can win at 3. I'd play Moroni at 4 vs. Nick Stach. Melios at 5 vs. Charlie Broom will be a battle. Cungu vs. Spencer Furman also a tough one.

#2 Baylor at home today, presumably outside. Fingers crossed there is streaming. We are definitely underdogs, but I think we've got a better shot today than on Sunday vs. UVA. Dubs point will be a toss up as most are. We will definitely need #1. In singles, Boitan is a huge hitter which should play well for Squire. #2 singles vs. Soto will be tough, but I think Taha can win at 3. I'd play Moroni at 4 vs. Nick Stach. Melios at 5 vs. Charlie Broom will be a battle. Cungu vs. Spencer Furman also a tough one.

Deacs lose 3-4. Great match. IMR nailed it in his analysis above.

We won 3 dubs and then got broken at 1 and 2 to lose both. At 1 we had two double faults to get broken. Ouch.

We started really slow in singles after the close doubles loss. Squire came back to win in 3, Baadi came back to win in 3, Rezi lost in 3 at 5, and Banthia won at 6.

Tough to lose a match that we probably should have won, but hopefully a big confidence boost for the guys and something to build on. Dubs was what it was. Just have to find a way to get a hold and get some more first serves in. In singles, getting the 3 set wins at 1 and 3 for those 2 young guys was huge. Unfortunately, and this isn't a knock on Nava, i think #2 singles is going to be tough for us all year against the top 10 teams regardless of who plays. I like Melios at 4 singles most days and he certainly could have won yesterday, just needs to find a way to hold. His serve looked a little off yesterday. Rezi is proving to be a tough out at 5 or 6 so I like that spot for him even though he lost yesterday, and great for Sid to come back in the lineup and get the routine win. With the exception of a March 19 trip to UGA, our next real test will be April 4 at home against #1 UNC. We should be top 10 by then, but that will be a tough, tough out.

The women's team Looks like it's in really good shape to beat #13 Georgia tech. Really struggled with injuries early but came close to beating #5 fsu the previous match. Looking like we are now as good as we were predicted to be. Will probably be underseeded for the ncaas but could make it to nationals.

Super impressive win for the Wake women. GT had their full team, so this wasn’t a COVID win. Wake is now back at full strength and is really good. The women are currently ranked 32, but they can potentially climb back to the top 15.

The women beat Clemson 6-1. Great weekend for them.

The men played their B team and beat Boston College 7-0.

Hannity really putting up a lot of resources for his kid to not get any court time

Good weekend so far for the men, beating Miami and FSU. The men will play Elon tonight.

The women lost a close one to ND yesterday, 3-4. Tough loss. They play Louisville tomorrow.

The men used their B team and beat Elon 6-1 (Moroni had to withdraw - hopefully fatigue/cramps and not an injury).

The women just beat Louisville 4-2, which was a needed win for Wake.

The women beat Syracuse today and the men won at #19 UGA. The UGA match was really close. Nava won at 3 to give us a 4-3 win. Nava was down a set and 3-5 and came back to win - really clutch.

Squire has been fantastic this year. He beat the #6 player in the country today 6-4, 6-2.

Back