• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Tennis 2023-2024: Men #3

Sid was tough tonite! Big win after getting screwed on a call by his opponent he came back and won last two games to take the match. UCF is a tough team. Who's next?!!

Sid was tough tonite! Big win after getting screwed on a call by his opponent he came back and won last two games to take the match. UCF is a tough team. Who's next?!!

#5 Baylor on the road.

#5 Baylor on the road.

Baylor is really good. They have the best player in the country in freshman Jenson Brooksby. He beat Thomas Berdych last year in the main draw of the US Open. He hasn’t played yet for Baylor, but when he does, I think Baylor is the best team in the country.

Their coach is Brian Boland, the guy that created the dynasty at UVA (Bresky was his assistant coach). Last year Baylor flaked out and cancelled their match in Winston-Salem.

The women had a nice win over Kansas defending Big 12 Champs 7 0.

The men lost 2-5 at Baylor yesterday. We lost doubles and 1 (3 sets), 2, 4 (3 sets), and 6 singles. Mel won at 2 (3 sets) and Nava at 5. Baylor is really good and will get even better when Brooksby starts playing. I didn't think Wake played particularly well, except for Nava at 5.

The men have a double-header at home on Sunday - UVA and Davidson.

Nice win vs UVA today. Is UVA any good this year?

The CEO of Oracle, Mark Hurd I assume persuaded him. Hurd played tennis at Baylor and has been a huge supporter of Baylor Tennis and tennis in general. My guess is he got paid a ton of $ to leave his role for US Tennis. Interestingly Hurd just died at the young age of 62.

The CEO of Oracle, Mark Hurd I assume persuaded him. Hurd played tennis at Baylor and has been a huge supporter of Baylor Tennis and tennis in general. My guess is he got paid a ton of $ to leave his role for US Tennis. Interestingly Hurd just died at the young age of 62.

UVA is pretty good this year. Before playing us they beat #11 TCU. But UVA has also lost to Louisville and NC State this year.

Our match today does not count in the ACC standings - it’s technically an out of conference match. We play at UVA later in the spring.

Their season pretty much got tanked before it started when Nakashima decided to turn pro. With him they would've been a threat to challenge us and UNC for top spot in the league. Soderlund is a solid number 1 but they're not in the same universe as they were when Boland was there competing for and winning national titles.

Really hate to see it.... always enjoy their fans bitching and moaning about us taking them to the woodshed (again). Wake has now won 7 of the last 9 meetings vs UVA. Hard to overstate how much Bresky has elevated our program while theirs has fallen off since Boland left. Encouraged by the way our guys bounced back today after the loss at Baylor - especially our doubles. Hopefully we carry this into a solid weekend at the ITA Indoors.

Good win. I'm pretty sure we had MPs in both of the matches that we lost. Was hoping Bar could get over the hump and get that win. Really pleased with Taha and Henri winning in straights over two good upperclassmen. Nava also playing great.

Good win. I'm pretty sure we had MPs in both of the matches that we lost. Was hoping Bar could get over the hump and get that win. Really pleased with Taha and Henri winning in straights over two good upperclassmen. Nava also playing great.

Sid had 6 match points. His opponent clipped the net cord on at least 3 of them - it was unreal.

Tough draw for indoors. Got the 9 seed and play Baylor again and if we win plays #1 OSU. I think we can definitely beat the Baylor lineup that we played last week, but gotta think that Brooksby and Boitan will be back soon. Our goal should be to go 2-1 this weekend. I think OSU, USC, FL, TX, and UNC are all a step up, and Baylor with Brooksby and Boitan are probably 6. I'd like to think that we can slide into that 7th spot once the season gets rolling.

Tough draw for indoors. Got the 9 seed and play Baylor again and if we win plays #1 OSU. I think we can definitely beat the Baylor lineup that we played last week, but gotta think that Brooksby and Boitan will be back soon. Our goal should be to go 2-1 this weekend. I think OSU, USC, FL, TX, and UNC are all a step up, and Baylor with Brooksby and Boitan are probably 6. I'd like to think that we can slide into that 7th spot once the season gets rolling.

Agreed. Tough draw. The indoor is a cool event - 16 teams and matches start tomorrow at 8 am. The Wake men are scheduled to play Friday at 6:30 PM.

Deacs beat Baylor 4-1. Fantastic singles performance all around. Putting Squire at 2 was a really good move by Bresky to maximize our chances. He really competed well there anyway.

Deacs beat Baylor 4-1. Fantastic singles performance all around. Putting Squire at 2 was a really good move by Bresky to maximize our chances. He really competed well there anyway.

Squire is awesome. Big serve and biggest ground strokes on the team. He can crush it off both wings.

Doubles was very close, but we lost a tiebreak at 2. In singles we looked really good.

Now we have #1 Ohio State Saturday at 6:30 pm.

Great win especially after the loss last week and Baylor added Boitan. Big underdogs tonight but not out of the question.

Dubs certainly looks like OSU.
McNally v Botz
Kingsley v Squire
Boulias v baadi
Seelig v melios
Nava v trotter
Cash v banthia

3,5,6 look like our best singles shots.

Squire is awesome. Big serve and biggest ground strokes on the team. He can crush it off both wings.

Doubles was very close, but we lost a tiebreak at 2. In singles we looked really good.

Now we have #1 Ohio State Saturday at 6:30 pm.

7:30 EST so you won't miss it. Great match last nite. Dominating performance up and down the line up.

Back