• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Tennis 2023-2024: Men #3

I'd be shocked if there wasn't more to this story than "I want to get an MBA from Darden."

why? given his situation (already graduated with two years of eligibility and future not in pro tennis), if i were his coach i would insist that he transfer somewhere else where he could get his mba even if he wanted to stay. (maybe not a conference rival, but other than stanford not like there are a ton of attractive options)

seeing that we dropped our full-time MBA program, so that wasn't an option for Bar, changes my outlook a little bit. however, i still think him transferring to one of, if not our biggest rival, is questionable to me. And, i'm factoring in Les Johns tweet a couple of weeks ago that wake was telling him bar not being on the team wasn't final. i would think this any time a top 1-2 player from UNC, UVA, or Wake transferred to one of the other places, regardless of circumstance. Just smells a little bit fishy to me.

seeing that we dropped our full-time MBA program, so that wasn't an option for Bar, changes my outlook a little bit. however, i still think him transferring to one of, if not our biggest rival, is questionable to me. And, i'm factoring in Les Johns tweet a couple of weeks ago that wake was telling him bar not being on the team wasn't final. i would think this any time a top 1-2 player from UNC, UVA, or Wake transferred to one of the other places, regardless of circumstance. Just smells a little bit fishy to me.

Our NAtional Championship team had a grad transfer from NC State (Dimpster) and we last year had a top 10 US junior player transfer from Duke.

Two sides to the coin!

He already has. He played a full schedule of futures and challengers for several years before coming to Wake. He even played a couple of Davis Cup ties for Israel.

yeah, I know

I guess I should have said tried to keep playing professionally in the years immediately following college

Solid weekend for the tennis teams.

The men won both matches 7-0 and did not drop a set. ETSU is not bad, and the men dominated them. Squire, Baadi, and Moroni put up some good results. It was good to see Melios get back to his winning ways. The men have ND and Louisville at home next weekend.

The women won their first match 7-0 and are currently up 6-0. They got their #1 player back (Carolyn Campana), which will be big for them. They host State on Saturday.

Any word on Tacchi? Is going to be back soon? He was supposed to the better of the 2 high profile freshman, wasn't he?

Any word on Tacchi? Is going to be back soon? He was supposed to the better of the 2 high profile freshman, wasn't he?

Tacchi actually saw his first action of the year in the Wofford match. He played 5 singles and won in two close sets. Based on their results so far, I think Moroni is probably the better of those freshmen.

Tacchi actually saw his first action of the year in the Wofford match. He played 5 singles and won in two close sets. Based on their results so far, I think Moroni is probably the better of those freshmen.

Oh ok, I missed that. Great to have everyone back, except Bar.

Tacci was the higher ranked junior player and i thought for sure he'd be a top 6 guy. Two things to keep in mind, junior and individual tennis is way different than college dual matches, and it's possible much of his success came on clay, which means at this point, indoor tennis might not be his forte.

ND and Louisville should be good litmus tests for us this weekend. They aren't UVA level, but they are better than the other teams we have faced. Rafi, what's your best guess on our best top 6 right now. It looks to me to be pretty clear that Squire, Taha, and Nava are locked in at 1-3. After that, it looks to be wide open. I have to think once Melios gets back into form, he will occupy one of those spots. Rezi has been great at 6, which leaves Sid, Fil, Rob, and Ambrozy for those other 2 spots. Does anyone know where Yuval Solomon is? Or Morgan Dill? Dill was solid at dubs last year.

Tacci was the higher ranked junior player and i thought for sure he'd be a top 6 guy. Two things to keep in mind, junior and individual tennis is way different than college dual matches, and it's possible much of his success came on clay, which means at this point, indoor tennis might not be his forte.

ND and Louisville should be good litmus tests for us this weekend. They aren't UVA level, but they are better than the other teams we have faced. Rafi, what's your best guess on our best top 6 right now. It looks to me to be pretty clear that Squire, Taha, and Nava are locked in at 1-3. After that, it looks to be wide open. I have to think once Melios gets back into form, he will occupy one of those spots. Rezi has been great at 6, which leaves Sid, Fil, Rob, and Ambrozy for those other 2 spots. Does anyone know where Yuval Solomon is? Or Morgan Dill? Dill was solid at dubs last year.

I'll go with:
Squire
Baadi
Nava
Moroni
Mel
Rezi

Since we can't attend indoor matches, I have no idea who is physically present (Solomon, Dill, etc.) and who is not.

I'll go with:
Squire
Baadi
Nava
Moroni
Mel
Rezi

Since we can't attend indoor matches, I have no idea who is physically present (Solomon, Dill, etc.) and who is not.

Do you know if Wake plans to allow some fans for outdoor matches?

The men with a solid 6-1 win over ND and then crushed The Citadel 7-0.

The women play State tomorrow.

This was always such a terrible idea, not only because Hannity is such a huge racist piece of shit.

Great pub for Wake here.

https://www.salon.com/2021/02/17/sean-hannitys-private-plane-and-the-wake-forest-tennis-team-a-morality-fable/

Not even a contextual remark. Both are wealthy enough to have a jet. So? The huge difference is Hannity doesn't go around destroying people's lives by killing fossil fuel jobs overnight with no gradual transition plan in place.

Last edited:
Not even a contextual remark. Both are wealthy enough to have a jet. So? The huge difference is Hannity doesn't go around destroying people's lives by killing fossil fuel jobs overnight with no gradual transition plan in place.

I have no idea what this means, but it seems like you have probably been reading too many forwarded emails. Take this to the tunnels.

On Friday the men beat Notre Dame 6-1. The only loss was at two singles, where Baadi lost a third set tie-break to the #6 player in the country. The men then played a second match with their B team and crushed The Citadel 7-0. The men play Louisville today at 1 pm and then UNCW at 5 pm.

The women lost 0-7 to #10 NC State yesterday. They had some close singles matches but couldn't pull any out. Hopefully the women will keep getting better as C Campana and Omirou round into form after being out.

Back