• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

4 star former top 100 recruit Terrance Davis coming to Wake

College is supposed to be used to prepare young people for their adult lives. Part of that is making informed choices. There isn't anyone here who would bitch about another student transferring and leaving friends behind or taking an internship/job in their dream field and giving up an academic scholarship.

I'd love for Jamie to return. but he and his family got information that it would be best if he moved on. For doing what most here would do in living their professional dreams, Jamie has been excoriated.

Now, it's my turn to be attacked for pointing out the double hypocrisy of going after Jamie and celebrating Wake getting the benefit of what you are attacking him for doing.

Is it also hypocritical to get pissed at Hartman for throwing an interception, but celebrating when Greer catches one?

Is it also hypocritical to get pissed at Hartman for throwing an interception, but celebrating when Greer catches one?

Thanks so much for proving RJ's Pavlovian so much better than he ever could. Without having ANY knowledge, you immediately attack and assume he is wrong. What honest, informed guy you are!

What is SAD and HILRARIOUS is you'll come up with some other excuse to not acknowledge historical facts rather than admitting you were wrong and didn't have clue what you were posting about.

The Board's "Hypocrite-In Chef" more worried about getting laughs than content. Or having morals. Something Biff and his current "butt" buddy -Trump have in common.

not the same thing at all...

Actually pretty similar. It boils down to something good happening to your team vs something bad.

None of us have any clue what information Jamie received and whether it was valid or not, nor do we know what went down with Davis' decision to transfer and re-recruitment. We're simply fans reacting. It's really not that challenging. Not everything in life (especially in sports) has to be a referendum on one's character.

This seems like a really great get. I see that he played Guard at Maryland but wonder if we intend to use him at Tackle given Benzinger/Herron's graduation.

Actually pretty similar. It boils down to something good happening to your team vs something bad.

None of us have any clue what information Jamie received and whether it was valid or not, nor do we know what went down with Davis' decision to transfer and re-recruitment. We're simply fans reacting. It's really not that challenging. Not everything in life (especially in sports) has to be a referendum on one's character.

Your BS example is moronic and off point. It even makes red herrings blush.

RE: referendum on one's character is however 100% of my issue here. Many people here have made this about Jamie's character. That is one of the central themes of the threads. To do so without any knowledge is disgusting, classless and childish.

RE: referendum on one's character is however 100% of my issue here. Many people here have made this about Jamie's character. That is one of the central themes of the threads. To do so without any knowledge is disgusting, classless and childish.

1yxiot.jpg

This seems like a really great get. I see that he played Guard at Maryland but wonder if we intend to use him at Tackle given Benzinger/Herron's graduation.

Maybe Ruggiero can borrow Manning's notes on how to run a 4 guard offense.

Man, being called moronic by a senile, lonely SJW who is wrong 95% of the time is a tough pill to swallow. Oof.

I've said nothing about Jamie's character, as I have no clue what went down. Disappointed/frustrated he left, and happy to gain an exciting new OL. You expecting us to just be fine with losing our best players to grad transfer because you think it's probably "what's best for them" is a pathetic LOWF line of fan thinking.

Why does every thread have to turn into a pi$$ing contest? IMHO this thread should have produced nothing but positive great news.

Man, being called moronic by a senile, lonely SJW who is wrong 95% of the time is a tough pill to swallow. Oof.

I've said nothing about Jamie's character, as I have no clue what went down. Disappointed/frustrated he left, and happy to gain an exciting new OL. You expecting us to just be fine with losing our best players to grad transfer because you think it's probably "what's best for them" is a pathetic LOWF line of fan thinking.

I didn't say YOU were moronic. I said your EXAMPLE (Your BS example) was and it is. to lose your shit and go that personal is on you not me.

Even as crazy as some people get about bad play, they don't attack the player's character.

As I said above and on the other thread, being sad or upset that Jamie is leaving is one thing, but you can't deny many people attacked Jamie's character.

Further, I've said it's NOT ME saying "what's best for them", it's about what the player and his family think is best for them. That has nothing to do with me being LOWF. Either you don't understand the concept or you don't understand the English language.

For someone who says, I'm wrong 95% of the time, you have been wrong about what I posted here 100% of the time.

Last edited:
So, it's OK for us to take a transfer, but not OK for us to lose one.

Why does every thread have to turn into a pi$$ing contest? IMHO this thread should have produced nothing but positive great news.

See above for what got us here. Apologies for taking the bait. I should be better.

This news is extremely positive, and I'm excited to here more from Conor/Les about where Davis projects on the OL.

All my post showed was the hypocrisy of so many attacking Jamie's character while at the same time being giddy about being on the other side of a grad transfer. It's VERY clear.

Back