• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

4 star former top 100 recruit Terrance Davis coming to Wake

Look who’s trying to make shit about himself, I for one am shocked at this behavior.

shut the fuck up rj. god damn you’re a stupid bastard.

Your BS example is moronic and off point. It even makes red herrings blush.

RE: referendum on one's character is however 100% of my issue here. Many people here have made this about Jamie's character. That is one of the central themes of the threads. To do so without any knowledge is disgusting, classless and childish.

Dude, you are redundantly redundant.

RE: referendum on one's character is however 100% of my issue here. Many people here have made this about Jamie's character. That is one of the central themes of the threads. To do so without any knowledge is disgusting, classless and childish.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, I am disgusting, classless and childish! Don’t be giving them credit they haven’t earned yet.

RJ, I agree with you most of the time but sometimes it’s best to let shit go

Whoa, whoa, whoa, I am disgusting, classless and childish! Don’t be giving them credit they haven’t earned yet.

That's what your wife has been saying for over forty years. Those are the high points.

If you are thinking about continuing to post on this thread, look to the left of your last post or the post you are about to respond to. If the letters read "RJKarl", stop. Close your computer and go for a walk.

So, we got a very talented grad transfer at a position of need. Great! i assume he will continue as a guard. That will help to bolster the interior. Given our lack of established linemen, it makes the most sense to me to play him where he will be most effective and fill in around that. I am interested to see how well we can develop the tackle position through player development or, less likely, player addition.

We are losing a number of OL. Hartman will be very happy about this.

We are losing a number of OL. Hartman will be very happy about this.

So should the running backs. One guy who can reliably create a running lane in the middle of the line could really make the RPO work better.

Teams have figured out that a strong D-line push in thr middle can disrupt the RPO. Davis sounds like a guy who could keep that from happening on one side of center.

Per the last depth chart I saw we were losing three senior lineman

Left Tackle Justin Herron (backup per depth chart is Clapp, Spencer RS/SO)
Right Guard Nathan Gillam (backup per depth chart is Suhren, Taleni RS/JR)
Right Tackle Jake Benzinger (backup per depth chart is Nash, Je'Vionte' RS/JR)

https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/wake-forest/92430

I believe Terrance Davis is most comfortable playing as a right guard but I don't know much about how interchangeable lineman spots can be.

Last edited:
If I recall looking at the depth chart we were losing three senior lineman

Left Tackle Justin Herron (backup per depth chart is Clapp, Spencer RS/SO)
Right Guard Nathan Gillam (backup per depth chart is Suhren, Taleni RS/JR)
Right Tackle Jake Benzinger (backup per depth chart is Nash, Je'Vionte' RS/JR)

https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/wake-forest/92430

I believe Terrance Davis is most comfortable playing as a right guard but I don't know much about how interchangeable lineman spots can be.

Losing both tackles is troubling, be great to pick another proven grad transfer to play one of the tackle spots. Davis is a very good pickup though. He and Miles Fox on the d-line could be extremely helpful for us this coming season.

Is there an argument that guards are more important in an RPO to protect the mesh point?

Is there an argument that guards are more important in an RPO to protect the mesh point?

It feels like we didn't run as well with Phil Haynes gone. Of course, he was a well above normal talent for Wake.

KWIII behind the 2018 line would have been awesome.

Back